Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Weekend Nanny

(6 Posts)
crougar Fri 04-Dec-15 16:25:02

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice. If I was to hire a nanny/housekeeper for 4 or 5 days a week, but with two of those days always being Saturday and Sunday, would I need to expect to pay a higher rate than a 4/5 day nanny that worked 'normal' days?

I need 4 days term time and 5 days in holidays, and always the same week days off. Just outside of London. Any rough ideas on salary for this?

nannynick Fri 04-Dec-15 18:58:25

I would expect you would need to offer a bit higher to attract people to the job. Some people do not mind weekends but it will make it harder to recruit.

Salary is very hard to know. Try to look at nanny job listings in the area to see if those help. £12 gross per hour (roughly £10 net) you may get someone but they may want more for it being weekend and with the extra day in holidays.

Consider how much you can afford to pay, then offer salary below that so you have room to increase salary over a period of time.

Remember to include Employers NI in your calculations as for a 4/5 day nanny that can add a couple of thousand or more to the cost.
Example: A nanny working 40 hours per week at £10 net per hour will cost you £20,800 + Employee NI £2158.59 + Income Tax £3089.65 + Employers NI £2475.20 = £28,523.44 plus payroll admin, expenses/activities/mileage.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 04-Dec-15 20:01:10

I think you shall find it hard to find someone who will work every weekend and yes possibly a bit higher rate those days

PowerPantsRule Sat 05-Dec-15 23:36:16

I need a weekend nanny and my goodness it is hard to find one. I have not yet succeeded and make do with alternate weeks as, despite paying a higher rate, nannies just don't want to work weekends ime.

There is a job opportunity somewhere for someone to set up a childcare at weekends facility!

Naimakhanom21 Mon 07-Dec-15 18:59:09

Hi I'm a babysitter/ childminder please give me a call on 07572284293

WickedGirl Tue 08-Dec-15 15:41:41

I work as a weekend nanny. I am currently looking for a live out post in Herts, Essex or north London

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now