Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is a live-in weekend and evenings only au pair/nanny a thing?

(7 Posts)
Carroty Thu 03-Dec-15 14:31:29

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Are there any families at all looking for an au pair to nanny just for weekends and evening babysittings? I may be starting a full time internship in London in Januray and thought this would be a good way of saving on a rent, earn some extra money and help some busy parents a bit. Just started the search and thought I ask here if there actually any such families or for any advice where to look (except for all the well-known childcare webs) or whether I am wasting my time.

Thank you!!! smile

Timesofneed Thu 03-Dec-15 19:52:54

I know of a role with this exact job description. Very very far and few between I would say. Pm me if you want more details, central London amazing accommodation & good pay.

Ilovecrumpets Thu 03-Dec-15 20:17:35

Hi Carroty

I am actually looking for someone to do exactly that and from January. I live in SW London. PM me if interested

PowerPantsRule Sat 05-Dec-15 23:40:56

I would love this but am miles away. I think you would have success with this and I wish you well.

alltheworld Sat 05-Dec-15 23:49:07

This is exactly what I am looking for. I have a great after school nanny but she can't stay late so I need someone who could.

MrsFogi Sun 06-Dec-15 22:53:51

This is totally a "thing" loads of families would be looking for. I'd have thought you could find this via au pair world (and by the look of it your arm will be chewed off on mn too!).

Carroty Mon 07-Dec-15 09:16:12

I have a profile on au pair world but no luck so far, put an ad on gumtree as well so hopefully...in touch with one family now, so fingers crosse :D smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now