Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ex-partner took child and won't let me see him

(4 Posts)
jaimelewis Tue 01-Dec-15 23:37:42


After an argument last week my ex-partner left home with our four year old son and took him to her parents and she refuses to speak to me. She won't let me see him or speak to him which breaks my heart as I have a closer relationship with our son. I don't know how someone can use their child as an emotional weapon.
I plan to deliver a letter to the address tomorrow that states there must be some middle-ground and I'll ask to see him but obviously they can legally tell me to eff off.
I haven't gone two nights without seeing him before and this is going on a week. I burst out crying in the supermarket earlier when some kid shouted "daddy".

What do you think I should do if they ignore me at the door and ignore the letter? I've got no savings and I've now got to pay for food and all the utilities with Jobseekers Allowance...

P.S. If you read it sorry about the whining. Feelin' lonely

Finallyonboard Tue 01-Dec-15 23:41:47

In your position, I'd be going through the court system to firm up access arrangements.

AndNowItsSeven Tue 01-Dec-15 23:44:56

Report your thread, it's in the wrong section.

Epilepsyhelp Tue 01-Dec-15 23:47:04

Definitely go to court.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now