Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder costs london

(9 Posts)
Tracyp1 Fri 27-Nov-15 13:54:39

Hello

I am currently on the path to becoming a registered childminder, i live in north west london. I am really confused about fees and whats included in fees ect ect. So i hoping you guys could shed some light on it for me. What you pay, whats included it your fees. I am hearing so much conflicting information at the moment its all very confusing. Thank you in advance!

maryann1975 Fri 27-Nov-15 19:37:38

I'm a childminder, but not in London. My fees include all food, outings and activities. Parents provide nappies/wipes etc.
When parents book their hours, these are contracted and a fee agreed. For example, if you need a childminder every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for 6 hours a day, I would charge you say £70 for the week. This is then payable every week. If I take the day off, no fee is payable, if child takes a day off, full fees are charged.
Is there anything else you need answers to? Each childminder is different and in my area, I don't think any of us have the same fees/daily rates/ways of doing things.

PhoebeMcPeePee Sat 28-Nov-15 00:28:57

I'm in the SE and charge £6ph for year round and £6.50 for term time only & ad-hoc children but I don't charge a holiday retainer. I have set rates for before & after school but otherwise it's all done by the hour and includes all meals for under 3's, drinks & snacks & activities but not nappies, wipes & baby food/milk. For over 3's it includes the above but only meal included is breakfast then charge £2 for evening meal and they bring a packed lunch in school holidays (this is something I only started this year and it was a god-send when we went on days out!).

I officially charge for 4 weeks holiday a year but this year just took 2.5 weeks paid & last year 3 weeks.

All payment monthly in advance by bank transfer or voucher payment.

hibbleddible Sat 28-Nov-15 23:19:42

It varies hugely according to your specific area, so even in nw London there will be a big variation. It would be a good idea to check what your competition locally are charging and offering.

We pay £55 per day in London. All food and activities are included but we provide nappies, wipes and formula if needed. This arrangement is pretty standard amongst all the childminders I saw, and there was only small variation in price in local area.

Forresitters Sun 29-Nov-15 03:06:49

I can email you a copy of my fees policy of that would help as I have hourly and daily charges depending on what type of contract parents want to sign. Most of my parents are on the daily fee of £50 with snacks includes but meals are extra. I also provide nappies and wipes.

HSMMaCM Sun 29-Nov-15 13:00:25

You can choose what you want to include. Can your local authority help you with the rates people charge in your area ? It varies so much even from one road to the next, how experienced or qualified you are, what you do with the children, whether you provide meals, etc etc

Tracyp1 Wed 02-Dec-15 22:06:00

Wow . thank you for you replies it seems to be rather complicated. Im hoping that i will be able to meet with some childminders in my area to get a better idea. Forresitters my email is tp_182@yahoo.co.uk if you could email that to me i would he very grateful. Thanx

Iwantakitchen Mon 07-Dec-15 11:54:36

I'm in East London, in a 'nice' area and charge £55 a day, 8 to 6, including food, not including nappies. Just a mile down the road, in a 'not so nice' area of East London, child-minder charge around £40 a day. It varies greatly.

NoSquirrels Mon 07-Dec-15 12:03:24

As per Hibble and Iwant, I paid £55 per day recently for 8-6, all food & outings/activities included, but provided my own nappies and wipes. £30 for a half-day. Was great!

Then I used a CM who I paid £6.50 p/hr per child, no food included so needed to provide lunch & dinner.

I preferred the all-in option!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now