Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

how much dyou spend on childcare?

(13 Posts)
howiloveanicecupoftea Thu 26-Nov-15 22:02:48

Just wondering how much you pay out for childcare each month and wondering how the heck anyone affords it?!

HSMMaCM Fri 27-Nov-15 08:03:14

Full time childcare in my area just over £1000/month. Most parents use childcare vouchers.

Callaird Sat 28-Nov-15 22:37:16

I'm a nanny, my boss spends a lot!! It's not just the childcare, it's feeding me (all meals in my contract), heating the house while they are out all day (although I don't feel the cold so not as much as some of my nanny friends employers have to pay), craft/baking items, classes, cover if I'm sick (their families live a long way off and some couldn't cope with my charge all day (elderly) but I haven't had anytime off in two years even though I have been very ill at times) fuel for their car (we're in London so don't use it a huge amount).

Childminders/nurseries won't have these added costs.

blueshoes Sat 28-Nov-15 23:26:32

£600 a month for an aupair, which includes food and holiday cover and wrap around care for 2 dcs in ft school.

CheekyMaleekey Sat 28-Nov-15 23:28:58

Nothing. Do it all myself. smile

Bonkerz Mon 30-Nov-15 19:10:16

There is affordable childcare out there. I'm a childminder. Graded outstanding. I have a degree in childcare and charge £3 per hour!

ProjectPerfect Mon 30-Nov-15 19:16:54

I have a nanny and I'm the other side of callairds coin. It's a lot of money but without her I couldn't earn what I do. I reckon I'll need a nanny for another 6 years so I just imagine what life will be like when I dont need one grin

NewLife4Me Mon 30-Nov-15 19:19:08

Nothing, have never spent a penny on childcare either grin

GreenTomatoJam Mon 30-Nov-15 19:21:14

1000ish a month - 1 2 year old, and 1 5 year old, 9-5:30 5 days a week (5 year old after school).

I used to have a nanny 3 days a week, and it was lovely, but cost 10k a year more than my awesome childminder for less childcare.

unlimiteddilutingjuice Mon 30-Nov-15 19:28:50

£216.00
I work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
DH does Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
One day per week for 2 kids with a childminder is £50.
I was lucky to get my current role as a jobshare. If I was working full time the childcare would completely clear out my wages and tax credits would bring me up to the level I earn now!

Muddlewitch Mon 30-Nov-15 19:33:30

£400 per month now they are all in school, was £1000 before.

AngelsWithFilthySouls Mon 30-Nov-15 19:39:37

£400 per month for 2 days a week in nursery. I dropped to 4 days and GPs do the other two days so we're very lucky and DS loves those days.

williaminajetfighter Mon 30-Nov-15 22:56:43

1,050 per month. It's expensive down here. I get childcare vouchers which helps slightly.

It's hard to compare like for like because some at the daycare get a percentage of childcare paid for the govt as their children are age 3+ and many get tax credits to cover a significant portion of their childcare costs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now