Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Afrikaans speaking ad hoc childcare & babysitter in Herts (St Albans / London Colney)

(4 Posts)
LisaHerts Fri 20-Nov-15 15:42:56

Hi everyone - my baby is due in Jan and I am returning to work fairly swiftly. I have booked a place at a nursery already but will also need some ad hoc childcare / babysitting & know my husband would appreciate the baby being around some Afrikaans speaking influence. Can anyone recommend someone please? Thank you

Asteria36 Fri 20-Nov-15 16:01:40

would you consider an Au Pair? Throughout our childhood we had a stream of amazing au pairs from South Africa and Australia. I understand that having a live-in au pair is not for everyone, however it may be easier in the first year or so to have someone that is on standby if your LO in too unwell for nursery or you are delayed at work. It may even work out more cost effective to have less nursery time more au pair time.
When I had DS I looked into an au pair versus a nursery. The au pair was vastly cheaper than ft nursery.
Our au pairs came from adverts in the Southern Cross, but I am sure that there are more sophisticated ways to find them nowadays.

LisaHerts Fri 20-Nov-15 18:57:26

Thank you Asteria - I'll check it out!

Pam210172 Wed 16-Dec-15 22:18:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now