Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

holidays

(3 Posts)
wizzywig Wed 18-Nov-15 21:23:31

Hi. Just checking, if i go on holiday at a time when the nanny is not on annual leave, i do pay her her usual wage dont i? Its not like with a childminder where if she is on holiday her mindees still pay half or full fee? Thanks.

nannynick Wed 18-Nov-15 21:32:35

Yes - your nanny is really on an annual salary not paid only when they actually work. You can ask your nanny to come in and do some tasks, if they are agreeable. Can be a good opportunity to sort through toys and do a bit of a cull.

It is a good idea to try to co-ordinate your holidays with your nannies holidays. It is common for contracts to say something along the lines of: family chooses 2 weeks, nanny chooses the remainder. You would approve/deny holiday requests, so have some control but must give opportunity for the to take some holiday at their choice. The exact arrangements will depend on what is in the contract/written statement.

wizzywig Wed 18-Nov-15 22:12:34

Thanks nannynick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now