Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Interview for older children

(2 Posts)
nannynoss Wed 18-Nov-15 18:22:46

Hi,

I've got an interview coming up for a nanny housekeeper role with children aged between 6 and 10. It is my ideal job, but I can't put why into words. I also have a lot more experience with little ones, but mainly because it is more rare to find full time nanny roles with older children.

I feel like I really need a change from the daily routine with tiny ones, and I really love doing homework, taxiing kids around to various activities and generally seeing them development in a completely different way to when they are little. Should I say this at interview?

I've worked with older children in dribs and drabs but never really interviewed for a full time role with this age, so I'm feeling a bit out of my depth.

As a parent of older children, what are you looking for? And any nannies who have worked with this age - any tips?

Thank you.

nannynoss Wed 18-Nov-15 18:26:36

Also, I forgot to ask, what discipline strategies do you use for older children? Presumably it's more negotiating and explaining consequences/warnings but my mind has gone a bit blank with nerves!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now