Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Christmas presents for mindees?

(9 Posts)
longdiling Thu 12-Nov-15 14:33:15

Hello! Just looking for inspiration really. I buy for them every year and have usually had a small group of roughly the same age but this year I have a baby right up to a 10 year old! I spend about £5 at the most so it's just a little token. Can anyone give me any inspiration for things to buy? Thanks!

HSMMaCM Thu 12-Nov-15 15:11:08

Torches ?

longdiling Thu 12-Nov-15 16:23:08

Oh yes, that's a good one! I saw some wind up animal ones on Amazon. Thanks!

PhoebeMcPeePee Thu 12-Nov-15 20:11:35

I usually go to Homesense and like you aim for £5 limit. So far I've bought:

2 board books for 1.5 & 2 yr olds £3.99 each
Superhero books with toys £5.99 for 5 yr old boy
Craft your own diary sets for 6 & 7 yr old girls £4.99
Bath bombs £4.99 for 9 yr old girl

confusedalways Thu 12-Nov-15 20:23:52

I tend to go for a trip to the cinema for us all during the Christmas holidays rather than actual presents. The early morning kids screenings aren't to expensive and they get a tonne of presents off of other people anyway.

longdiling Fri 13-Nov-15 10:36:54

Thanks - those are great ideas! I may look about for a Santa trip too.

Forresitters Fri 13-Nov-15 12:56:47

Sorry no real ideas at the mo but I'm in the same situation! I have 8 mindee's and 2 charges to buy for aged 1-9yrs! Was thinking to do an activity where they write a Xmas letter to Santa with their present list and we post it to the free reply back Royal Mail address and at the same time I can see what's on their list to have a rough idea of what to getwink
For the younger ones I will ask parents what they are particularly into or might need but will make out as though I am buying new resources for my setting when it will really be for their little ones!

HSMMaCM Fri 13-Nov-15 13:35:29

When I just had a couple of older children, I took them to the Panto for their Christmas present, but I wouldn't want to do that with 3 little ones.

I'm watching everyone's ideas for inspiration.

longdiling Fri 13-Nov-15 14:12:40

They had some nice colouring in books in Lidl so I've picked them up for the 3 and 4 year olds and I'll get some nice pens/pencil cases to go with them. I'm thinking of a nice book for the baby and 2 year olds. The school age girls I'm debating cheap Origami sets as they enjoy doing basic origami with me. That just leaves me with a 10 year old boy who will be quite difficult to buy for.

I may also look at local theatres and see if they have some reasonably priced Christmassy matinees I can take them too - thanks for that idea HSMM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now