Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

weekend childcare

(9 Posts)
Agnieszka54 Tue 27-Oct-15 09:53:26

Hi

I've started planning return to work which is going to happen about march/april next year and just wondered if its difficult to arrange child care for weekend ? Does it cost more than during the week?

Has anyone got any recommendations or advice ?

thank you smile

clary Tue 27-Oct-15 10:01:21

Really hard I would say unless you have GPs or other relatives who can do it. Or a live-in au pair/nanny. Nurseries are shut and CMs don't work weekends IME, sorry

FantasticMrsFoxx Tue 27-Oct-15 11:00:36

I've found a registered child minder willing to do a couple of hours childcare on a weekend via childcare.co.uk. I'm not sure they'd do a full 9-5 though.
Another option is advertise via Gumtree, but from experience, be very explicit in what you are looking for in terms of qualifications and experience as you'll get a lot of students who've "looked after my little brother" applying.

HSMMaCM Tue 27-Oct-15 13:21:54

Some CMs work weekends, many don't. Some will charge more for weekend work. Phone round and ask.

PowerPantsRule Tue 27-Oct-15 23:39:57

There is a real gap in the market for someone to offer weekend childcaring. I need coverage both days and it's horribly difficult to find. I end up with a weekend nanny and pay a higher rate.

Want2bSupermum Tue 27-Oct-15 23:43:38

I hired a girl from the daycare we used who was looking to earn more money. I didn't go behind managements back. They actually set it all up and they ran her pay through their books so I didn't have to bother with tax forms.

malovitt Wed 28-Oct-15 08:52:29

I'm a registered childminder in central London and I have always worked weekends, and I know of other childminders who do so but don't often advertise it.

As HSNaCM said, call some and ask.

Moreisnnogedag Wed 28-Oct-15 08:54:40

Depends where you are. Look at childminders near hospitals as they are more likely to offer weekend childcare.

WickedGirl Wed 28-Oct-15 11:57:49

It depends on where you are.

I have worked as a weekend nanny before and I was paid more than a weekday nanny rate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now