Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is this usual for a nanny agency?

(4 Posts)
nannyagencyquestions Thu 22-Oct-15 07:50:51

I am a nanny but want to relocate to a new area. I have done this many times with my job but normally to a live-in job, in which case I can find the job myself and move fairly smoothly.
However, this time I would like to become live-out and move back to an area I used to live. I've decided to seek help from agencies for this, but an agency has just got back to me to say they can only help once I've already moved to the area.

It is only an hour from where I am now, so I'd easily be able to attend interviews before I'd moved, so I'm not sure why they can't help. Is this usual?

NannyR Thu 22-Oct-15 08:46:56

I suppose they want to know exactly where you are going to be living so they know which jobs to put you forward for, but I agree, it sounds strange.

I got my current uk job through an agency whilst I was working abroad, but I did have an address that I would definitely be moving back to, and I was well known to the agency.

Have you tried other agencies in the area?

nannyagencyquestions Thu 22-Oct-15 08:55:42

I have another agency calling me today to chat. I did wonder about getting a flat now so I had an address, but I'm fairly flexible within the particular county of where to work, and would rather find somewhere near to workplace.
They are quite a popular agency so I wonder if they want to prioritise nannies in the local area. Very frustrating though.

On another note, I'm really surprised at the amount of ads looking for nannies to start within a couple of weeks! I'm starting to panic that I'm losing out on all the lovely sounding jobs because I want to give lots of notice sad

summerainbow Fri 23-Oct-15 10:58:58

Well don't give loads of notice. No one will thank you for it.
Give your notice now
Find a flat or a room with someone house use that adrress and getting looking for a job or get a live in job for 6 months or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now