Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder sharing 2 year old progress report

(7 Posts)
noonoo33 Thu 15-Oct-15 18:01:25

Hi today discovered that my childminder gave a copy of my child's 2 year progress report to his Pre School (on their request) without telling me first. Should this have happened?

fieldfare Thu 15-Oct-15 18:06:47

Have you signed her policy on working in partnership with parents and other organisations with a vested interest in your child? This covers school, nursery, health visitor, GP and social services.
You may have signed the policy and not given it any further thought, this would be covered by that. Childminders are encouraged by Ofsted to work alongside other educational facilities.

noonoo33 Thu 15-Oct-15 18:46:25

Hiya

Just checked and no I haven't. I haven't signed the Early Help (CAF) with Nursery yet either. (that's next Wednesday) So technically im guessing she should have asked me first - or they should and I would willingly have offered it. Was just wondering... that's all... Thanks tho smile

fieldfare Thu 15-Oct-15 22:39:32

Ah, well, yes you should have signed the forms before any information was shared.
But then all the forms should have been signed before the commencement of the contract and before any care was given.
In this instance it isn't a big deal, but I'd want to make sure that everything was properly done asap.

jannier Sat 17-Oct-15 20:58:11

well yes you should have been asked to sign and you can ask her.

On another note what wonderful childcare settings to actually work together this is so rare.

ApplesTheHare Sat 17-Oct-15 21:04:06

Presuming you arranged the pre-school place for your child and gave them the childminder's details (it would be strange if the childminder had done that) I can't see a problem. It sounds convenient and proactive. Am I missing something?

ButtonMoon88 Thu 22-Oct-15 09:01:02

Yea you should have been told, but presumably you have been given a copy of report too?

You do have a wonderful CM though for making the effort to work together. It's something we all should do but sometimes it doesn't flow that well!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: