Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

DBS query

(14 Posts)
wizzywig Mon 28-Sep-15 20:29:51

Hi all. Can anyone advise how long its taken to get a DBS done? If it was asked for in May, it should be done by now shouldnt it? Thanks

nannynick Mon 28-Sep-15 20:34:34

It takes as long as it takes but it can anywhere from a week to 12 weeks. It could take longer than 12 weeks in some cases but certainly it is worth chasing. Does the online system indicate at what stage it has got to so far?

GinandJag Mon 28-Sep-15 20:40:47

I had one done recently and it took about 2 weeks.

bigdonna Mon 28-Sep-15 20:41:18

i got my kids dbs i filled in forms in july my dd came aug my ds came sept

DurhamDurham Mon 28-Sep-15 20:43:59

It all depends on how much work has to go in, several house moves, employers, name changes all affect the length of time it takes. My last one was back in three weeks but I have had colleagues who have had to wait from June until September. I think you can check the progress on line?

wizzywig Mon 28-Sep-15 20:46:41

Ok thanks. Ill ask my nanny to go online and check the status. Thanks all

nannynick Mon 28-Sep-15 20:53:45

If they have used the Ofsted/Capita website to get the check done, then they should have an email containing the DBS Application Reference

"The DBS have received your application electronically and your application form reference is: x0000000000."

To track the progress they can use: secure.crbonline.gov.uk/enquiry/enquirySearch.do

If they have not done so already, now would be a good time to register for the DBS update service. secure.crbonline.gov.uk/crsc/apply?execution=e1s1

Important: Only use Internet Explorer or Edge when accessing these websites as for some reason other browsers will often throw up an SSL error or not display popups correctly.

HSMMaCM Tue 29-Sep-15 17:52:13

I did an Ofsted DBS application for my DD in July. According to the online system, it is still at the police station. She hasn't moved house ever and has only ever worked for us. I'm waiting for the 12 weeks to be up to start chasing it.

LIZS Tue 29-Sep-15 17:59:06

The ones which I and Ds did online came back within a week , paper ones can take an age but 6 weeks seems typical.

HSMMaCM Fri 09-Oct-15 16:03:49

Just escalated DD's DBS as it is still at the police station according to the online system. I can call them in 10 days apparently. Has your nanny got hers yet?

Hellocampers Mon 12-Oct-15 13:54:16

Can take up to 3 months and more. It's a total pain in the arse.

Don't forget to apply for the yearly checking thing as soon as you have a ref number off them or within 19 days of recieving cert! Think it's 19 anyway. I didn't and had to have it all done again and re pay

howtorebuild Mon 12-Oct-15 14:03:54

I last had an old fashioned police check and it was done via school, they gave me a copy. Do you apply for these yourself? Do you need them for all work? Looking at returning to work and wondering if I should sort this myself first.

WickedGirl Thu 15-Oct-15 21:07:23

Mine has taken a week from when I submitted the forms online to my certificate coming through the post

nannynick Thu 15-Oct-15 21:14:47

howtorebuild - depends what work you would be doing. In most occupations requiring a DBS check, the employer would sort out getting it as part of the recruitment process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now