This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How best to give notice to a (much loved) childminder?

(5 Posts)
CityDweller Tue 08-Sep-15 17:07:03

Very very sadly we have to give notice to our childminder (we're moving to another part of the country). We love her. She's been an important part of DC's life for 18 months and I'm feeling very sad about the prospect of saying goodbye to her.

What's the best way to let her know we're leaving? Pick-up time is always a bit of a blur and a case of grabbing DC at the door and heading off. Morning drop-off is often out and about somewhere, so not always opportune to have a conversation. But I hate to do it by email - feels so impersonal. Any ideas?

Bamaluz Tue 08-Sep-15 17:44:16

A phone call at the very least. Not by text or e-mail.

MouldyPeach Tue 08-Sep-15 18:13:10

I gave notice recently and she needed it in writing. This is most likely the case for all CMs so handing her an envelope with an 'I'm really sorry' is probably the quickest and least awkward way.

HSMMaCM Tue 08-Sep-15 19:07:13

If you could include a letter of reference with the notice letter, she would definitely appreciate that.

CityDweller Wed 09-Sep-15 09:17:22

Ok, thanks. I think we'll try to have a quick word during the mayhem of pick-up, and hand her a letter at the same time that explains things in more detail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now