Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny birthday present?

(5 Posts)
Ifyoubuildit Wed 26-Aug-15 09:34:50

Have just discovered I missed my nanny's birthday. It's our first time having a nanny, can people tell me what she'll expect present-wise please?

chocoholicanon Wed 26-Aug-15 10:07:58

I've had vouchers for John Lewis, spa vouchers, orchids, chocolates, perfumes, wine, vases, flowers, Orla Kiely mugs I love Orla Kiely though, Clarins and Clinique gift sets over the years. I guess anything you know your nanny likes. Some bosses have been very generous and other where money is tight are not but a little bit of thought or a card made by the children is the best present.

MissMooMoo Wed 26-Aug-15 13:35:10

I usually get john lewis vouchers from my employerssmile

NannyR Wed 26-Aug-15 20:03:26

I get flowers, box of homemade sweets that the kids have made and a voucher for m and s.

SewButtons Mon 31-Aug-15 22:48:34

I've had gift cards for shops I like, a lovely necklace, cash, little homeware bits that MB thought I'd like (she was right).
My favourite things are always when the children make me a card or choose something they think I'll like though, even if it's something I never would have wanted in a million years I just love seeing how proud they are of themselves. Two of my charges did very well one year and insisted that they had to bring me back some sweets from the Harry Potter studio tour because I love Harry Potter and I got them some when I visited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now