Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Hi i urgently need two nannies in london

(60 Posts)
nannyuk Sat 15-Aug-15 23:14:07

interviews tomorrow i need two nannies to cover for me next week

VixxFace Sat 15-Aug-15 23:35:42

Why are you always off work and trying to get cover? Surely it's the families responsibility and do they feel comfortable you recruiting people online to look after their children?

AndNowItsSeven Sat 15-Aug-15 23:45:41

How do you know op is always off work?

nannyuk Sat 15-Aug-15 23:45:53

I am not off work at all i have been working 24/7 for a long time. I am still trying to get cover for the same time as before. I had someone but they had to cancel. The family is a vvip family and would rather i dealt with the interviewing. Asking why i am always off work is a very unfair assesment.

nannyuk Sat 15-Aug-15 23:47:23

Because i did a post before and found someone but then she cancelled which vixxface didnt know so it was a very unfair comment

OutragedFromLeeds Sun 16-Aug-15 00:45:14

A VIP family are not recruiting their childcarers from mumsnet with 24 hours notice. They're also not leaving it to the current nanny to do their recruiting.

PipersOrange Sun 16-Aug-15 00:46:38

What outraged said

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 16-Aug-15 03:59:38

Ditto outraged

Either don't take on jobs 24/7 or let the family find a nanny to cover you

LynetteScavo Sun 16-Aug-15 08:33:05

nannyuk why don't you just let an agency deal with this?

Penfold007 Sun 16-Aug-15 09:18:27

Nannyuk can you pm me with some details and a contact? Have DD who might be interested.

NannyR Sun 16-Aug-15 09:45:23

I agree, VIP/high profile families would usually just hand this straight to an agency, they can afford the high fees and the agency will send appropriate,referenced and DBS checked candidates out for interview.

As an experienced nanny, I really wouldn't want to apply for a job advertised like this, not saying that you aren't genuine, but you could be anyone; likewise you could have any number of unsavoury characters applying for the job.

Lagodiatitlan Sun 16-Aug-15 09:53:16

If I were a VVIP family, I would be appalled at the idea that my existing nanny was advertising on Mumsnet to a bunch of random strangers. I would be particularly appalled at the suggestion that the job was with a VVIP family as that would risk attracting undesirables. Poor judgement, Nanny UK. There are lots of agencies out there who are experienced in this kind of recruitment.

TeddyBear5 Sun 16-Aug-15 10:00:31

How do you know op is always off work?

Because she/they post the same odd posts most weeks. It's dodgy. Please don't anyone respond to this 'advert' let alone send their poor unsuspecting daughter along. hmm

nannyuk Sun 16-Aug-15 10:00:44

how the fuck do any of you know? Yes it is left to me and yes they have asked me to find someone so quickly. Honestly its such a bitch fest on here. Agencies do exactly the same thing as i am to find someone and obviously i would interview and check references. i cannot afford to pay agency prices and the family feel that as need the time off i should fnd someone. so if you can all stop biting my head off that would be great.

nannyuk Sun 16-Aug-15 10:06:31

and i have only posted once about the same job

LIZS Sun 16-Aug-15 10:11:59

I'm confused . Do you get your bookings via an agency or are you freelance. If the former are they aware you are subcontracting?

nannyuk Sun 16-Aug-15 10:14:34

this family were not through an agency because i worked for some of their friends before so they asked me to continue working

NorbertDentressangle Sun 16-Aug-15 10:14:44

So are this VVIP family happy about you recruiting some random stranger from the internet to look after their VVIP children next week?

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sun 16-Aug-15 10:14:46

Are you in the UK? If so, you are legally entitled to annual leave - even if not specified in your contract.

Is this unpaid leave? That is slightly different. But if you're exercising your right to statutory annual leave then it's not your responsibility to find a replacement. If its contractual annual leave over and above your statutory entitlement - then that is slightly different and there can be conditions attached.

However - I would speak to them. If they are a VVIP, what's to stop a journalist (or worse) mocking up references and turning up for an interview? Surely an agency would be better and safer

TwartFaceBeetj Sun 16-Aug-15 10:14:51

Wow if my employer had me working 24/7, got huffy because I wanted time off, so expected me to find the cover and pay agencies fees if I used one. I think I'd be looking for a new job. It doesn't sound like a great place to work to be honest.

wizzywig Sun 16-Aug-15 10:54:35

twartface, i guess its the downside of working for a vvv vip family

TwartFaceBeetj Sun 16-Aug-15 11:01:30

Well she obviously know she's been taken advantage of, because she's having to get two nanny's to do her job whilst she's away. So sounds like any other nanny wouldn't but up with the work load and VVVVVV VIP expectations.

nannyuk Sun 16-Aug-15 11:05:52

for goodness sake i know this is a laughing matter to you. I need the time off because my bf is in hospital. He is having an operation that might save his life next week. I am under an immense amount of stress and i come here for help and just get a lot of shit. i would delete the whole post but i cant work out how to do it.

TwartFaceBeetj Sun 16-Aug-15 11:12:02

I not laughing, I think are being treated very badly buy your employer. It shouldn't matter who they are you deserve to have the same rights as everyone else.

If the reason for your time off is true, then that makes them even more callous,

Do yourself a favour and get another job were you are treated as a humanbeing and not a robot.

TwartFaceBeetj Sun 16-Aug-15 11:18:26

shocking amount spag, wish there was an edit button. That's what you get typing on a phone and managing dc and friends at the sametime blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now