Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny Agencies -which? Any success stores?!

(14 Posts)
milkandmarmite Wed 12-Aug-15 21:04:37

My nanny (from abroad) has had a family emergency and has to leave me and my DS quite suddenly meaning the scramble to find a replacement has begun. She's handed in her notice sadly so it's not just a temp cover either. It took me much and I mean much blood sweat and tears to find her so I'm a bit devastated. Anyway, I need to look forward and plan what on earth to do so - I have very limited time and due to my own commitments I can't go sifting through a ton of CVs.

What if any agencies are any good?

TIA

whywhywhyyy Wed 12-Aug-15 21:15:36

What area of the country are you and are you wanting a nanny or an au pair?

milkandmarmite Wed 12-Aug-15 21:50:21

London and a nanny - live out...

Prizeplum Wed 12-Aug-15 22:14:13

I have used Kensington Nannies for over 20yrs. I'm a nanny, not an employer. Been with my current post 9yrs so they did a pretty good job with the match I'd say smile

milkandmarmite Wed 12-Aug-15 22:23:37

Thank you - i will register with them tomorrow. The thought of doing it all over again makes me feel sick. This will be the 4th nanny he's had and he's not even three yet...

Prizeplum Wed 12-Aug-15 22:25:51

Good luck with your search.

pumapants Wed 12-Aug-15 22:27:04

Eden Nannies are also good. Very thorough with references. What happened with the other 2 nannies?

milkandmarmite Wed 12-Aug-15 22:40:22

The first had to have an operation which meant she couldn't lift anything, the second decided to move to Australia!!!

selly24 Thu 13-Aug-15 06:59:13

O&P Nannies
Swansons Nannies
Nannies Incorporated

MaggieW8 Fri 21-Aug-15 13:57:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

littleladyluna Fri 21-Aug-15 21:05:46

O&P are great (from a nanny perspective), and Moira at Fulham Nannies is fantastic. I base my recommendation on agencies who actually try to match nannies to families rather than just trying to get their fee.

MaggieW8 Mon 24-Aug-15 14:46:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Karoleann Tue 25-Aug-15 12:13:25

Maggie - its not really on to recommend your own agency, especially twice in one thread!

softhedgehog Tue 25-Aug-15 13:13:45

childcare.co.uk

I've been unimpressed with agencies, they do very little for a lot of money. Put up a detailed profile and message any nannies who fit your requirement.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: