Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

New German au pair. Good idea?

(4 Posts)
ek54 Tue 11-Aug-15 14:39:23

Hi, we have agreed to take a German au pair starting in September, having had Spanish au pairs in the past. We decided to try a German au pair this time, as everyone has been telling me how good they are. I can't help thinking that I have made a mistake. On the whole we have had really good experiences with our Spanish au pairs who were caring and loving with the kids. Our children have been so happy and very relaxed. I'm concerned that this might change. Please tell me I haven't made a mistake by changing to a German au pair

LUKYMUM Tue 11-Aug-15 14:47:28

I haven't had a German au pair but had a great Spanish au pair and awful ones. I think it really depends on the au pair.
Hopefully this one will be great too.

Bunnyhipsdontliegrl Tue 11-Aug-15 15:12:03

How do you want us to know???? Please tell me you know that each person is different and that you can't put all the german or Spanish Au Pairs in the same basket.

Are you really expecting someone here is going to be able to tell you that your Au pair will be great because they had a german au pair and they are all bubbly loving people??

carriebrody Tue 11-Aug-15 21:09:13

How bizarre. Obviously it depends on the individual and not the nationality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now