Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

(10 Posts)
Jordan24 Sun 09-Aug-15 21:00:46

Hi I was wondering could anyone tell me any websites or message me personally on what a babysitter would ask to know more about myself and other things??

Many thanks

stuckinahole Sun 09-Aug-15 21:08:25

DBS Checked
Experience with what aged children
Will you follow rules / routine
How much per hour / half hour
How you discipline
What would you do in an emergency

Jordan24 Sun 09-Aug-15 21:26:21

Ok is there a website to get DBS checked and is it free??

Cindy34 Sun 09-Aug-15 23:20:25

DBS checks cost money, £53+ and will depend on which country you are in, as they apply only in England and Wales. In Scotland there is a different check. Nanny agencies may be able to assist.

Cindy34 Sun 09-Aug-15 23:21:55

Why would a babysitter ask you about things? Are you a parent looking for evening childcare, or are you wanting to be a childcare provider?

Jordan24 Sun 09-Aug-15 23:37:49

I am wanting to be a childcare provider

stuckinahole Mon 10-Aug-15 08:03:01

Look on childcare.co.uk and see what others say about themselves

Cindy34 Mon 10-Aug-15 09:38:25

Babysitting in the UK is evening work, when children are going to bed/asleep.
Nannying in the UK is daytime work.

Different terms are used in different countries, so what country are you looking to work in? Have you looked into any legal things that may apply in that country, childcare is often regulated in some way and it will vary a lot.

Cindy34 Mon 10-Aug-15 09:40:43

Parents will want to know about your childcare experience, they want someone trustworthy and a great timekeeper. They will want to know what sort of things you would do with the children during the day. They will want to know that you can cope in time of crisis, how do you calm a child, what would you do if there is no power, what would you do if a child vomited all over their bedding?

MiscellaneousAssortment Wed 12-Aug-15 12:04:19

For babysitting the qualifications and experience is less, but it's not clear whether you mean babysitting, or nannying, or even child minding?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now