Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Trying to get back to work can I get vouchers for nanny?

(6 Posts)
Kangaroosjump Fri 07-Aug-15 22:08:35

Looking at part time work after reconciling with husband (have been single mum on benefits for a year) and feel like a nanny would suit us best but not sure this is possible?

PatriciaHolm Fri 07-Aug-15 22:19:53

Do you mean the childcare vouchers from your employer scheme? Then yes you can use them but the nanny must be registered with OFSTED.

annandale Fri 07-Aug-15 22:22:31

yes ofsted registered. We paid for our nanny to do the first aid course etc to be registered. I'd imagine that more candidates are ofsted registered these days.

Cindy34 Sat 08-Aug-15 08:04:15

If in Scotland, you need to use a nanny agency as there the agencies are registered, not the nannies themselves.
Wales has a Childcare Approval Scheme, so similar to England where it is the nanny that is registered.

Childcare Vouchers are often used these days for paying towards nanny cost. You would need to find out about the scheme your employer uses, not all employers provide them.

Cindy34 Sat 08-Aug-15 08:06:59

You have to earn over a certain amount of money, as vouchers are a salary sacrifice scheme.

In a few years time, think it may be 2017, there is a new scheme called Tax Free Childcare which for some people will be better, for others worse. Depends on number of children and income.

DragonRojo Sat 08-Aug-15 08:54:38

if this is a deciding factor, make sure you ask if they offer them before you accept the job. I have always worked for large corporates and have received them, but DH never did, as his employers were very small companies. In any case, do be aware the money comes out of your salary and not on top of it, so there is a limit to how many you can get

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now