Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to find before/after school care?

(6 Posts)
incywincyspideragain Fri 07-Aug-15 21:57:06

Before I pay the membership fees is childcare.co.uk any good for contacting people? I have a profile looking for 7:30-9am every day and 3-5pm Tues, Wed and Thurs - I've no idea if that would appeal to anyone but would like my ds's to be in there own home if possible (have good school club care at present)

Any advise on how to find someone would be great x

mimishimmi Sat 08-Aug-15 04:15:38

If they are in a good bsc/asc why do you want to pull them out? It could be hard to get back in if it doesn't work out.

ChablisTyrant Sat 08-Aug-15 04:22:12

Childcare.co.uk has worked well for me to find help in various situations. No obvious alternatives.

FishWithABicycle Sat 08-Aug-15 05:06:17

I never found anyone on childcare.co.uk when I paid up. Everyone I contacted was either already committed to other families or unsuitable in some way (or just never replied). It was then very difficult to unsubscribe. But I guess it will depend on your area and how picky you are being.

You may get more interest if you split to two jobs with one person responsible for 7:30 to 9 and another doing the after school. A day doing both is a day it's very difficult to fit something productive into the middle of - jobs that fit into school hours are extremely rare and generally held by people with their own childcare responsibilities after school.
Would you be happy with someone who brought their own child/children with them?

Florencemattell Sun 09-Aug-15 09:55:01

Before and after school care is very difficult to find.
Who wants to do a split day?
You might be better keeping the children in before school
Club and just looking for after school nanny.

incywincyspideragain Wed 12-Aug-15 21:50:41

Thanks for replies - they are in 'good' school club as in its reliable, staff are lovely but doesn't suit my eldest, he'd benefit from being at home rather than up at 6:30/7am every morning and then being able to come home straight away so I'm looking for alternatives whilst investigating job changes. I hadn't considered 2 people so will look into that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now