Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofsted registration while still studying?

(5 Posts)
NannyFlower Tue 04-Aug-15 22:45:57

Hi all,
I think I problably know the answer to this but having googled a million times with no luck, I thought I'd try you lovely lot!

I am currently studying a level 3 children and Young peoples workforce diploma, and have finished all written tasks and I'm waiting for my final assessment but for various reasons can't be fine until November. I am starting a new job in September who want me to ofsted register myself.

Does anyone know if I can register whilst still studying?

My alternative is to do a 1 day course but this seems silly because I've covered it all, I iust don't have the paper to prove it yet! And it will cost me another £120!

Cindy34 Wed 05-Aug-15 05:23:16

Officially you should do the one day course. Unless you did a Level 2 childcare course prior to Level 3.

Without the level 3 you may have difficulty getting nanny insurance, or have to pay more for insurance, so while Ofsted may not check your training certificate initially, your insurance provider may want to see a copy of it.

Be honest with the parents about the situation, if they are using Childcare Vouchers perhaps they could build those up for a little while, then use them to pay most of your salary one month when you are fully registered.

NannyFlower Wed 05-Aug-15 08:24:37

Hmmm that's what I thought. I can get insurance without a qualification because I have 5 years experience nannying, it's just ofsted.

Perhaps I'll ofsted and see what they say? Apparently it takes 12 weeks to complete registration, and in 12 weeks I should have my certificate, but not right now!

NannyFlower Wed 05-Aug-15 08:25:22

Call ofsted I mean

Cindy34 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:12:33

As long as you do not use the registration until your certificate comes through then I think you would meet the conditions of registration. So could start the registration process now but not do anything with the registration number if it comes become your training certificate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now