Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder not getting out much

(8 Posts)
longdiling Tue 04-Aug-15 09:01:24

This summer holiday has been very different to previous holidays as a childminder - I've had parents needing extra hours/days a lot and this has meant I've had more kids than I can fit in my car. Usually we'd be out loads but we're restricted to a local park, a small woods and home for half the week. Weather isn't helping either. I have a huge garden and we do loads of arts and crafts and baking and stuff but I feel a bit guilty even though the kids all seem happy and are behaving beautifully! Any other childminders not constantly out and about so I can feel less guilty?! Thanks!

Sausages123 Tue 04-Aug-15 09:03:38

My childminder doesn't take my 2 further than the local park, woods and her garden, suits me just fine and as they love her and going to hers I don't think they mind either!

Emochild Tue 04-Aug-15 09:11:02

I preferred it when my childminder didn't get out much

It meant at the weekends when we went out as a family we weren't met with complaints about 'we came here with CM last week!'

longdiling Tue 04-Aug-15 09:17:20

Don't know how I managed to post twice -doh. Great to hear parents who are happy with that kind of arrangement - thanks!

Artandco Tue 04-Aug-15 09:28:34

That's fine. It's half the week so what 3 days? And you are actually out, in garden/ park/ woods so it's not like your trapped inside a tiny flat all day

LB2908 Wed 05-Aug-15 15:59:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

UniS Wed 05-Aug-15 16:06:00

When ds is with his cm during school hold they rarely leave the village. They go for a walk to the stream, paddle, play pooh sticks etc, they go to the village hall cafe for a drink n bit of cake. They sometimes walk the dog ( depending on mix of children) . play in the garden, make stuff, hit the lego and build stuff.
Its pretty much what we would do at home so I'm fine with it.

MrTumblesSpottyHag Fri 07-Aug-15 10:31:42

My cm rarely leaves the house with mindees as far as I can tell. I really couldn't care less, it's the crafty glittery shit that DD loves and I hate that I pay for! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now