Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder not getting out much

(5 Posts)
longdiling Tue 04-Aug-15 08:41:23

This summer holiday has been very different to previous holidays as a childminder - I've had parents needing extra hours/days a lot and this has meant I've had more kids than I can fit in my car. Usually we'd be out loads but we're restricted to a local park, a small woods and home for half the week. Weather isn't helping either. I have a huge garden and we do loads of arts and crafts and baking and stuff but I feel a bit guilty even though the kids all seem happy and are behaving beautifully! Any other childminders not constantly out and about so I can feel less guilty?! Thanks!

fishfacedcow Tue 04-Aug-15 08:52:34

I do lots of home based activities too. I guess that Im a stay at home kind of person. My DH has to get out every day or he goes stir crazy. I think its a personality type.

if everyone is rowing and not geting along then we may pop out for a trip somewhere

Frusso Tue 04-Aug-15 08:52:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fishfacedcow Tue 04-Aug-15 08:52:52

getting along

longdiling Tue 04-Aug-15 09:10:13

Yes I am going a bit stir crazy! We should be able to get out tomorrow and Thursday so I'll make the most of that. I have 7 kids so not sure there is an alternative way of getting anywhere without major hassle and expense!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now