Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anywhere to advertise that I'm looking for a nanny job?

(11 Posts)
Amber567 Sun 02-Aug-15 16:52:45

Iv literally just joined! I was just wondering if there is anywhere where parents advertise they need a nanny or somewhere I can advertise that I'm looking for a job? Many thanks, Amber.

wizzywig Sun 02-Aug-15 17:03:55

im a parent and go on childcare.co.uk

ChocolateMilkButtons Sun 02-Aug-15 18:57:20

Also try nanny job that's a free and easy place to advertise.

nannyuk Mon 03-Aug-15 18:32:24

where are you based? if london please pm me

Callaird Mon 03-Aug-15 18:36:48

Gumtree. There is also mumsnet local. It doesn't cover all areas at the moment but there might be some areas you are willing to travel to.

silverfingersandtoes Mon 03-Aug-15 20:43:38

The Lady?

JaneAustinAllegro Tue 11-Aug-15 16:22:28

childcare.co.uk but also nannyjob.co.uk
There are agencies and there are agencies. And as an employer, I've yet to find a good one. They appear to mess candidates around just as badly as they mess paying clients around by sending people on wild goose chases to completely inappropriate interviews. Going direct also saves the employer a couple of grand in agency fees so you can always negotiate a little of that on to your own salary.
Put your own ad up on them and be very clear about your professional qualifications / certificates etc - there's a lot of variety in the type of people posting on there so you need to look as professional as possible to stand out from people who are looking for a bit of cash in hand on the side and think nannying is babysitting and they can do it.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 11-Aug-15 16:25:22

MN local.

IwonaWypchlo Mon 23-May-16 17:39:14

Hello there , I am new to this website so please forgive any mistakes. I am currantly looking for a nanny job , ideally 4 days a week. I've been a nanny for the past 15 years, 2 families . Children from newborn up to 12y. My family is moving outside of London , regrettably can't go with them. Does anybody know someone who is looking for a nanny. Great references. I hope it's ok to advertise here.

Callaird Mon 23-May-16 18:55:48

Just above the thread title it states - This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Because of that, people don't come on this topic to look for childcare. Yeah us be better off looking on your mumsnet Local page, nanny job, gumtree, childcare.co.uk etc.

Your post may well get deleted, lots do!

IwonaWypchlo Mon 23-May-16 19:20:34

I do appologise, won't do it again. Feel free to delete it if it's against the website rules. As I said first time user.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now