Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Best all round double buggy??

(16 Posts)
weekendgirl66 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:04:30

Not sure what im looking for, or what i need so i seek advice form other childminders / moms / careers/ double buggy people grin .. I currently have a graco tandermdouble like this www.google.co.uk/search?q=side+by+side+double+pushchair&espv=2&biw=1242&bih=606&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIh7-wipSGxwIV9BfbCh3mnwGf#tbm=isch&q=garaco+tanderm+double+pushchair&imgrc=Np3LgVBU8JVc3M%3A which does its job, however is heavy to push ( we have a very steep hill to cllimb after school) also a bit bulky to put in the car / and store in the house!! So what do i need a side by side Mclaren style like this www.google.co.uk/search?q=side+by+side+double+pushchair&espvd=2&biw=1242&bih=606&tbm=shop&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIttakjZSGxwIV6AjbCh252QRH&dpr=1.1#espvd=2&spd=12135050038078343603that fold nice and small but im a little worried it will be awkward to push.. so any advice would be appreciated, thank you in advance .

kathryng90 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:15:00

Cm here had the side by side and struggled with it pulling to one side with different ages in. Love my out n about nipper double. Big to store and will it fit in the car? A dream to push though. Also have had the Phil and ted doubles nice to push but don't like baby in low basket at the bottom. Friend has city select double and that's nice to push and very solid but expensive.

christmashope Fri 31-Jul-15 21:17:22

I second the out n about nipper recommendation I'm a childminder too and it's fantastic

weekendgirl66 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:20:57

i have problems being happy with the phil and ted styke just as a personal thing.. I have heard about the nipper but does it go through a normal door??

kathryng90 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:26:00

Fits through my front door and I don't have a problem with the soft play, toddler groups I go to. But I can't get it in my friends house as she has a narrow front door with a radiator in the way! I think the measurements will be on the website?

kathryng90 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:28:03

Forgot to say the wheels come off easily. I drive a minibus so it goes in that easy but if I use dp car I take wheels of when it's folded up to go in the boot. Citroen Picasso.

Vatersay Fri 31-Jul-15 21:30:32

I replaced my original double with an out and about nipper 360 when our twins got bigger and I was struggling to push the old one up the hill. I genuinely cried with happiness at the difference.

We bashed it about for two years or so and sold it still looking great. Held it's value well too.

weekendgirl66 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:41:19

so this one then???
www.buggybaby.co.uk/view/out-n-about-nipper-360-double-v4?gclid=CjwKEAjwueytBRCmpOyZ2L-xrG8SJADwH5c6mzEI_tEziiZXDk4KKis5_eYD2-Ek68vIMIAfh5gXFxoCmAPw_wcB

kathryng90 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:52:06

That is the newer one than mine. Mine has one big hood. 2 would be good!

tortoisesarefab Fri 31-Jul-15 22:08:08

I think it depends what you want. Nipper is lovely to push but a bit big and clumsy folded. Baby jogger city mini double looks nice & folds easily but it's a bit wide (shopping basket is fab though nipper basket isn't as good) and the phil and teds (dot) is lovely and compact, great for city centre and small shops but no basket when the bottom seat is in use. I also didn't like it for newborn/ toddler but it's great for older baby/toddler.

Those are the 3 I have owned and I have to say, the nipper is my favourite but I walk a lot and never tried to get it on a bus. Got phil and teds on bus several times, very easily

Maryann1975 Fri 31-Jul-15 23:07:19

I've had a maclaren side by side and found it really heavy and too wide for shops. I've now got a phil and teds and use it for two toddlers, one of them is nearly ready to walk everywhere so it's ideal for jumping her in and out of the back seat when she gets tired. It fits in the tiny boot of my zafira when the back seats are up and even though I wasn't keen on having a child in the bottom seat, I'm converted and love it. Very light to push and can cope easily with off road country side walks through fields and forests.

lovelynannytobe Fri 31-Jul-15 23:19:15

Be careful with side by side ones. I bought one brand new, I was so excited. It was impossible to push locally as with cars parked on curbs there was no space for the buggy. I had to walk on the road! I felt very vulnerable. To top it ... it didn't fit through school door. I had to get the babies out, fold it, push it through, unfold it and put the babies back in. Then I had to repeat the whole thing again on the way home. I sent it back the next day.
I had the same tandem you do. It does the job. So what it is heavy? I then bought a triple which looks very similar to that one just with 3 seats. I have nice muscles, bum and abs due to pushing it. Saves me gym fees...

weekendgirl66 Sat 01-Aug-15 16:01:11

Thanks for your input i have to say i hadnot though about the cars on the pavement part we often have the same problem, i have also a triple ( not used it as yet but may have to soon) i may just stick with what i have now.

Buttercup27 Sat 01-Aug-15 16:03:27

Britax side by side double is fantastic. Had mine for nearly 2 years and use it daily. I have only found 1 door in all of that time I cannot fit through. You can also use a car seat on one side a d it has a ever have so you can steer it 1 handed .

weekendgirl66 Sat 01-Aug-15 20:09:31

I wish i could just borrow all the different kinds to roadtest for a week at a time how helpfukl would that be??

LB2908 Wed 05-Aug-15 16:00:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now