Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Live-in mothers helps??

(6 Posts)
flyhigh Mon 27-Jul-15 17:22:16

I was wondering if anyone on here has a live-in mothers help? Would you mind telling me how it works for your family and roughly how much you pay each week?? If you would prefer to answer privately I totally understand.......would just really like to weigh up the costs before jumping in!!

Nannylookingforafamily Mon 27-Jul-15 20:02:55

It's very similar to an au pair but you are around all the time...

Pay would depend on what you was asking for, how many hours, how much work they had to do, what you was offering etc

flyhigh Mon 27-Jul-15 20:56:11

I'm possibly still a bit hazy on what I would like........we have five children so just some help!! Ideally someone who could do some house chores 2xmornings a week and could help with the care of the children between 3pm-7pm and one day at the weekend with a full day off in the week too. Also thought once per month they could have Friday through to Monday off. Does this seem ok??

Nannylookingforafamily Mon 27-Jul-15 21:58:23

In that case. I think for a live in mothers help for them hours with board and food provided by you.
£100 is a good round figure

Purplepumpkins Mon 27-Jul-15 22:52:56

A mothers help is usually a newly qualified nanny looking for first job experience. A mothers help is not the same as an au pair because a mothers help is usually qualified and trained to look after children And can therefore have more responsibility etc.

You would be therefore looking at a nanny rate not an au pair rate. I'm not sure what the going rate for a mothers help is now but back when I was newly qualified I was paid around 200+

A mothers help will do all nursery dutys kids laundry, keeping play areas clean and tidy etc. and the usual two nights babysit.

Oly4 Fri 31-Jul-15 23:01:13

I got quoted £100-£150pw for a live-in mothers help by a few agencies earlier in the year. More experienced than an au pair but not nanny wages

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now