Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Cost of Childminders

(7 Posts)
woolcos Fri 17-Jul-15 14:44:28

Hi, I'm in Enfield and wondered if anyone here or in North London could give me an idea how much a childminder would charge to pick my 2 children (2 1/2 years old) up from nursery and keep them from either 1 to 6 or 4 until 6 twice a week. Need the info to decide if its worth me working or not!

HaHaPants Fri 17-Jul-15 14:47:37

|I'm not sure, but be prepared to pay the same for 4-6 as you do for 1-6 because it'll probably be charged as a half day...

HSMMaCM Fri 17-Jul-15 15:40:12

Don't know about that area, but I would charge for the whole day.

ButtonMoon88 Fri 17-Jul-15 17:21:30

I'm in Clapton, I charge £6p/h per child, however I wouldn't consider looking after any child(ren) for just two hours, twice a week

wheresthelight Sat 18-Jul-15 00:13:31

My cm does a very similar arrangement for a friend of mine. She charges for the time the child is there at £3.50/hr although I am in the East Midlands so I would expect you to be paying £5 ish in Enfield.

Go on your council website or childcare.co.uk as many lost their prices in their profiles

woolcos Sat 18-Jul-15 07:48:45

Thanks all

cerealqueen Sat 18-Jul-15 22:31:01

Two under 5 children is two places which cost up £120 a day in the London/ Greater London area.
You might find somebody willing to charge half a day if they have the earlier part of the day with other children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now