Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Finding term time only work as childminder

(7 Posts)
bb1975 Tue 14-Jul-15 14:38:38

I am an Ofsted registered child minder with a term time only vacancy.
Does anyone know if there are any special places where teachers look for childminders or is it all word of mouth, etc...
Any advise much appreciated :0)

Frusso Tue 14-Jul-15 14:45:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Appervine Tue 14-Jul-15 19:46:08

I'm a teacher and when I looked for a child minder it was through the local authority child minder lists.

Haggisfish Tue 14-Jul-15 19:50:02

Why don't you contact local schools and ask if you can leave some info in staff room? Or post on places like local websites.

cansu Wed 15-Jul-15 19:24:13

I would put a flyer together and hand deliver to all local schools. If you are only open term time and are not charging for hols this is perfect for a teacher.

TheJiminyConjecture Wed 15-Jul-15 19:27:10

You'd have your hand bitten off here! (In fact where are you?) I Googled, asked other child minders and looked on local authority website. Not one person ever got back to me though

AWafferthinmint Wed 15-Jul-15 19:29:17

Ask if you can leave leaflets in staff rooms, you would have your hand bitten off in the school I work in. We all still have to pay childcare over the holidays.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: