Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

anyone paid for a any to register with ousted so you could use childcare vouchers - and how to ensure she stays in the job?

(8 Posts)
TenPinkFairies Sat 11-Jul-15 21:06:24

just that really - I don't mind paying but I do mind if we pay for registration and the first aid course etc and then she decides to work for someone else after a few weeks or months - is it reasonable to get her to pay and us pay her back through her salary over 6 months perhaps (i.e. in a higher hourly rate?)

nannynick Sat 11-Jul-15 21:19:01

Given the registration only really benefits you, yes it is reasonable for you to contribute towards that cost.

But there are some things which a nanny should have already:

Paediatric First Aid
Nanny Public Liability Insurance
Suitable Training (for Ofsted registration this can be quite minimal, such as Common Core, or a Level 2 NVQ in Childcare and Education... Level2 Qualifications).

As part of the registration process, Ofsted will need a DBS Enhanced check, this could benefit the nanny for the future as it now needs to be on the DBS update service.

Not sure you can make them repay money if they leave. Maybe you could if it was some kind of Loan.

Perhaps talk to your payroll provider about if you can give an employee a salary advance or loan in some way.

It may be helpful to point your nanny towards the BAPN guide to completing the DBS application and Ofsted registration form BAPN: Ofsted Registration Guide (pdf)

eeyore12 Sun 12-Jul-15 08:22:42

My employer paid for me to be ofsted reg (I paid for everything else) it didn't work out and I left after they had only used the vouchers for 3 months to pay me due to it taking 3 months to go through. So when I left I repaid them the 9 months they hadn't used so 9/12th of the total cost. As it happened they owed me holiday pay so instead of paying me one of the day's the owed we just forgot about it and they had that money as the pay back for ofsted.

You can put a clause in the contract about they will need to pay the cost or part cost back if they leave within a certain period of time.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 12-Jul-15 09:53:01

Professional nannies should have first aid dbs and pli

So the only thing employers would and should pay for is the actual fee which I think is £103

That's less then £10 a month for all the tax savings you get

I wouldn't bother claiming /asking nanny to pay back some

The voucher scheme benefits the employer. Not the nanny. It usually means the nanny gets paid a few days late while waiting for the vouchers to clear - unless organised employers who transfer a few days before

underthebaobabtree Wed 15-Jul-15 21:49:44

How long does it take for Ofsted to approve the Nanny?

nannynick Thu 16-Jul-15 10:34:53

Once DBS check has been completed and Ofsted application submitted, Ofsted aims to process within 3 months.
The actual time varies widely.

eeyore12 Thu 16-Jul-15 11:19:44

My Dbs took 2 weeks and then ofsted 12 weeks

sunshinenanny Sun 19-Jul-15 01:01:48

Yes I take care of the first aid and public liability but feel the employer should meet the cost of the actual registration fee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now