Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny housekeeper

(18 Posts)
noviceoftheday Wed 24-Jun-15 21:51:19

My lovely nanny housekeeper resigned this week for personal reasons, so we are looking for a new nanny/hk for the first time in several years. Our current nanny/hk is live in, we pay her just over £26kpa which is £400pw net, with 5.5 weeks + bank holidays off and a christmas bonus of £500. Her hours are m-f, 7 - 7, with 2 baby sitting weekday nights (rarely used!). I have 2 dcs at school so the role is getting them ready in the morning, then housekeeping stuff (including cooking family meal) till 2.30pm then school run and after school activities. We have a cleaner 3 days a week for 15 hours in total who does the heavy duty cleaning.

Accommodation is a nicely decorated double room with with an additional lounging area, own bathroom, and we have provided tv with access to sky, amazon prime etc, DVD player, ipad, laptop and music.

I think her salary is good but then again I would say that grin so just wanted a second opinion? Also, I occasionally see lots of people on here say they wouldn't want this kind of role. Will we struggle to find good candidates? We are thinking of changing to live out in which case what would we need to change her pay to, in order to attract good experienced candidates?

Thanks!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Jun-15 21:56:32

waves

Sorry your lovely nanny/hk is leaving

It sounds a good job - seems to be well paid for live in - over the minimum holiday

What does she do tho - as I thought nanny/hk mainly did the cleaning as well as childcare

But you have a cleaner for 15hrs a week

Sure you will have lots of applicants

legolegolego Wed 24-Jun-15 22:35:49

I would apply for this job in a shot smile I don't think you will have any problems recruiting. Salary is definitely fine.

noviceoftheday Wed 24-Jun-15 22:48:55

Oh hello Blondes! How are you my lovely?smile I think about you every once in a while and always want to pop in here and say hello to you!

Thank you Lego for the reassurance!

The dcs are incapable of keeping anything tidy so general tidy up each day after they go to school and she cleans the dcs bedroom, bathroom, playroom etc. cooking each day, running errands, oh and she tackles the massive daily ironing which I remember you don't like!! We need the cleaner because the house is a bit of beast and would be too much for one person to clean. I think our nanny/hk works hard but I don't think she's working every minute of the day though that doesn't bother me.

legolegolego Thu 25-Jun-15 08:06:34

What part of the country are you, novice?

littleladyluna Thu 25-Jun-15 10:39:43

I'd apply for this job too. Sounds nice, good salary, and extra holiday. You shouldn't have a problem finding someone smile

EvilSidekick Thu 25-Jun-15 10:43:51

Sounds too much for live in position and kids of school age. I doubt you'll have any problems filling vacancy. Holiday entitlement is great. Good luck.

minderjinx Thu 25-Jun-15 12:41:15

I'd be looking for someone to teach my kids to clean up after themselves and supervise them. Would obviously need you to back her up, but otherwise you will end up with incapable children and always need a nanny.

noviceoftheday Thu 25-Jun-15 13:56:04

Lego am in greater London/Home Counties.

Thanks for the feedback littlelady.

Thanks Evil. Dh and I have very demanding jobs and having someone who helps with the dcs and keeps the mundane things of running a household going is important for our sanity.smileblush

Minder thank you for the parenting advice.hmm i had a nanny and housekeepers but turned out to be a clean and tidy freak. I haven't written off the my very young dcs yet!

If anyone has any idea of comparable live out salary, I would be very grateful.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 25-Jun-15 15:17:35

Hi. I'm doing ok thanks. Been over 4yrs and life goes on ............

I do think that what you are offering is good and as a live out then around £10/13 gross ph depending on experience

Was found to say do you have to have live in ?

nannyoclock Thu 25-Jun-15 15:27:06

Hi, please could you DM me a link to your advert? I would like to apply if you are still looking. Thank you!

EvilSidekick Thu 25-Jun-15 18:02:59

If you can afford it, I am all for spending money on help at home to keep sane! smile I think it sounds well paid and I am sure you will find someone without difficulty.

charleybarley Thu 25-Jun-15 18:11:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

noviceoftheday Sat 27-Jun-15 16:13:58

Thank you so much Charley, exactly what I needed!

I haven't done an ad yet! She quit earlier this week, she's contractually under 4 weeks notice but has given 8 weeks notice so this week has mostly just been us processing and thinking about what we want.

I would love the privacy of having a daily hk/nanny but I travel once a month for a few days and can't rely on dh to get home each night to do bedtime. I think I would seriously hack off our nanny if she were a daily if that kept happening. Our current nanny is lovely and understands hence why we give her bonuses and treats etc.

Blondes, yes dc2 is 4. I always think of you around his birthday. thanks Without hopefully putting my fit in it blush are you still with the bloke that you got together with about 18 months ago?

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 27-Jun-15 22:33:19

If you know when travelling then sure daily nanny wouldn't mind staying late /overnight a few times while you are away till hubby got back

Or I wouldn't mind

Maybe do 2 ads - live in And out and see what/who you get

And yes still with dp. 3.5yrs next month. Scary eh - still note type grin but I absolutely love and adore him and he gave me my smile back and doesn't time fly and no not putting foot in it smile

Can't believe ds is 4 !!!!!!

VixxFace Sat 27-Jun-15 22:59:07

You should have no problems recruiting . Sounds like a lovely job smile

noviceoftheday Thu 02-Jul-15 20:36:31

Sorry have been off mumsnet for a few days, just wanted to say I am very happy for you Blondesgrin grin

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 03-Jul-15 00:01:01

flowers thanks novice

How's recruiting going?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now