Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childcare vouchers

(5 Posts)
eeyore12 Tue 23-Jun-15 21:12:42

Hi can I ask a quick question. Can childcare vouchers be used to pay my expenses as a nanny ie my mileage and a small amount owed to me following a day trip out. Thanks

Forresitters1 Thu 25-Jun-15 19:54:41

I would say no as childcare vouchers are used as payment for childcare which has been provided. Mileage costs and activity expenses etc. would need to be paid separately by your employers. HMRC or your employers nanny payroll company will be able to clarify this for you.

18yearsoftrying Thu 25-Jun-15 20:09:20

My ex-employer checked this to the enth degree & you can't pay via vouchers due to the difference between 'costs' & 'expenses'.

PP is right.

eeyore12 Thu 25-Jun-15 20:14:55

Ok thanks. I do have a part on my payslip which says non tax expenses which is where the amount I was owed was put but then I got the whole amount by vouchers

eeyore12 Thu 25-Jun-15 20:18:09

Thanks have emailed my boss to ask him to check it is ok with the pay roll company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now