Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to resign nanny job?

(6 Posts)
Ohla19 Tue 23-Jun-15 13:08:08

Hi there, I posted a little while ago about wanting to leave my nanny job as a lot has been going on the last few months which the family are aware of and it's affecting my realitionship with partner and my mental health, I usually work two days a week and not working this week as the girl I look after isn't well, I was going to hand my resignation in this week so that I could do it properly but instead I won't see them to do so. I don't have a contract and I'm unsure how much notice and how to do the resignation? should I do it by e-mail/letter? The summer holidays start after next week and they're off the first 2 weeks but...I'd prefer to give them notice!

IAmAPaleontologist Tue 23-Jun-15 13:09:28

always in writing either letter or email. what does your contract say about notice?

Ohla19 Tue 23-Jun-15 13:17:55

Haven't got a contact. Been working since April and they had mentioned about getting one but never happened.

nannynick Tue 23-Jun-15 14:55:39

Google: statutory notice
From memory I think it is a week.

minderjinx Tue 23-Jun-15 16:41:59

I would give four weeks notice now by email. You are not working this week anyway. You would be working next week, then they are off (which I assume means you are not needed) for a fortnight. I don't think anyone can complain about getting 4 weeks notice - it's not your fault you would only be working one of them.

Cantkinsale Tue 23-Jun-15 22:17:40

I've only resigned once and that was in person, but, I handed them the letter of resignation at the same time. Easier sometimes face to face, but, do it in writing as well. Makes it official. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now