Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

how to change from a old CRB to a DBS

(14 Posts)
weekendgirl66 Sat 20-Jun-15 18:46:38

could someone please advise me on how i go about this please.. I have looked on the goverment link

im not finding it very clear advise would be appreciated

LIZS Sat 20-Jun-15 18:50:20

You would apply for a new DBS document. Depending what you need it for, will depend when/if it needs renewing.

weekendgirl66 Sat 20-Jun-15 18:54:10

I fstill have a CRB ( im a childminder) and dont have a DBS im concerned that im in breach of regulations

LIZS Sat 20-Jun-15 18:55:32

I don't think they have been invalidated. Just renew in the first dual timespan. Do you belong to any organisations which could advise?

weekendgirl66 Sat 20-Jun-15 18:58:33

no i shall call our local authority on Monday Thank you for your help

HSMMaCM Sun 21-Jun-15 10:04:32

I have been told that my 16 yr old crb check is still valid and I don't need a DBS.

VixxFace Sun 21-Jun-15 10:18:24

The old crb is valid for 3 years from when you got it. But if you go to a new job you would need to apply for a new dbs (formerly crb). Once you receive it then with 19 days you register online which makes it portable. This means that it will be online for employers to see and is updated weekly.

This service lasts for 1 year and you pay 13 pound a year for the benefit.

insancerre Sun 21-Jun-15 10:24:59

Your old crb is still valid. It has no expiry date
If you were to renew it you would have a dbs

HSMMaCM Sun 21-Jun-15 14:29:53

As insancerre said, CRBs do not expire.

LIZS Sun 21-Jun-15 15:27:47

It is up to the organisation how frequently they expect renewal f crb/DBS. Some require 3 yearly , others just the once.

Cindy34 Sun 21-Jun-15 16:44:55

Ofsted do not redo them but you can pay to have it done via
OFSTEDP is code for providers
OFSTEDA is code for assistants
No password needed.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sun 21-Jun-15 21:09:13

In Wales, we have to renew every three years. I had to apply via my local CSSIW office.

Ternet Tue 30-Jun-15 09:13:51

These regulations changed and you should now be applying for a PVG. Contact your local Inspectorate for information.

LuckyLopez Tue 30-Jun-15 20:24:01

Do you live in Scotland ternet?

The DBS and CRB and indeed the old police checks are all still valid in England under ofsted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: