Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM - what do you charge for ad hoc/holiday care?

(4 Posts)
PhoebeMcPeePee Fri 19-Jun-15 12:20:46

Do any of you offer special holiday rates for school age children? I'd be interested how you all charge for ad hoc care/holiday as I'd like to attract a few more school age children in the holidays and need to put together some sort of fee structure before advertising.

My usual rate is £6ph but this isn't particularly competitive compared to the local holiday club options so I was thinking about doing set fees of £35 for school hours of 9-3:30pm (£5.39ph) or £45 for 8-5pm (£5ph). I'd charge extra for meals extra and ask them to bring a packed lunch. Anything else to consider?

Sleepingisgivingin Fri 19-Jun-15 12:30:31

I charge £28 for schoolies. My normal rate is £4.25ph or £42.50 from 7.30-6 for an EYFS child.

I had to compete with school based and leisure centre based clubs which are still much less than mine but don't offer food or are open as long hours.

HSMMaCM Fri 19-Jun-15 12:51:43

I charge a daily rate for all children. For school children in the holidays it's about 2/3 my normal rate. Still more expensive then local holiday clubs, but means I do get some work.

Maryann1975 Sun 21-Jun-15 00:32:18

For a school age child i charge £28 per day compared to £33.75 for an under 5. There is no way I'm competing with the holiday sports club who charge £15 a day. I don't know how they make any profit tbh. The school child goes there for about 50% of the holidays and it's fine with me that she does that.
The holiday club attached to the school before and after school club charge £25 a day but charge a lot more than me for before and after school so it evens out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now