Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Leaving nanny job?

(8 Posts)
Ohla19 Mon 15-Jun-15 11:54:36

Hi there, i'm new so sorry if this is in the wrong forum but been lurking on the site the last few days and finally decides to join and hoping someone will be able to help.

I've been looking after a child with autism in their home which has been after school 2 days a week the rest of the time it's her gran. I started after easter holidays and it has been challenging but the family are pleased with me but lately there has been a lot going on with my mental health it's got worse and has been affecting my relationship and hospital apps. The family know this but i'm just struggling to cope, I don't have a contract even though they've said before about getting one done but I wouldn't have been able to stay on after the summer anyways as my course starts (i've tried explaining this but they don't seem to understand and i'm worried about disappointing them) There's three weeks till the summer holidays and I'm not sure I can handle sad I want to give them notice and a letter but finding it so difficult.

Ohla19 Mon 15-Jun-15 12:53:38

Anyone?hmm

lovebeingananny Mon 15-Jun-15 13:07:08

Hi ohla not sure I can offer much advice. Except I think sometimes we have to listen to what our head says, even if our heart is saying something different. It's always hard to leave jobs. But if you don't think you can cope, then I think you need to leave. I'm sure they will understand.

Good Luck, hope you find the strength you need, to do what's best for you smile x

Ohla19 Mon 15-Jun-15 15:45:21

Thank you for your reply! Oh I know just don't know what to say in this dreaded letter and just don't want to disappoint! sad

BlackandGold Mon 15-Jun-15 17:32:38

Just explain in the letter that, although you had agreed to work longer, you feel you need some recovery time to yourself before your course starts in September.
Give them as much notice as you can and hope all goes well for you.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 15-Jun-15 18:15:07

Ask for a chat and while there say that you were always intending to leave end of August but sadly some personal issues have come Up and you are handing in your notice

Give them a choice of 2 weeks or a month Notice

Ohla19 Mon 15-Jun-15 23:02:46

Thanks for replies, will do this smile

PinkPearlClutcher Tue 16-Jun-15 13:54:29

Follow your gut instinct. It's there for a reason, and it's nearly always right! You need to do what's best for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now