Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Emergency or short-term childcare options

(3 Posts)
Lemonsandoranges Fri 01-May-15 16:32:54

Does any one have any recommendations or experience of finding short-term or emergency childcare (in S London)? I'm in a successful nanny share but our nanny is sadly facing some health issues which may lead to a period of unpredictability / transition to new nanny. Is it best to use an agency or just try to use one of the websites? Do some nannies actually prefer this kind of short-term work? Thanks mumsnetters!

Duckstar Fri 01-May-15 16:49:42

I've used this company when I needed emergency childcare - tended to be odd days. www.emergencychildcare.co.uk

They are linked to Tinies. Nannies we've had tend to be a mixture of older people (retired and just do a bit of nannying to keep their hand in/bit if extra cash/like the flexibility can choose when they work). There are also Nannies with 2-3 day jobs and need to fill the rest of the week in.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 03-May-15 21:06:30

I work through the emergency childcare company - but I am in Kent

They are more for one off or a weeks work

If you need longer then maybe try a nanny agency near you

Hope you find someone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now