Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Would you move from childminder to crèche?

(5 Posts)
Foolishlady Tue 17-Feb-15 10:12:50

I've been unlucky with childcare, really wanted same carer until ds was 3 (knowing how important that is) but hasn't worked out that way. First nanny let us down badly after 6 months, we had to find another urgently who we had for 9 months, but she wasn't great. We moved house when ds had just turned 2, couldn't afford nanny any more. Tried to get him into 2 nearby crèches, no room, had him down for another one then I backed out at last minute - had a bad feeling about it - and found a childminder (again at the last minute). He enjoyed it immediately, was happy to be with other children. The biggest problem is that he no longer naps as she does school pick up at the time he used to nap - he won't sleep in buggy. Also I do one pick up or drop up a day and it increases my commute from 20 minutes to an hour. A place has now come up in the crèche 1 minute walk away from our house. It's a v nice crèche, I get a good feeling from it, hard to get into it. Place available 4 months from now, ds would've exactly 2 and a half years old. Should I change? Or is that just two many changes in one small boy's life? It would definitely make life easier for me - but for him? He's in childcare 8.5 to 9 hours a day, 5 days a week

Foolishlady Tue 17-Feb-15 10:14:31

Sorry just remembered you use nursery rather than crèche in the uk. Hopefully you know what I mean!

adsy Tue 17-Feb-15 10:53:50

I wouldn't move him if he's happy there. if he's unhappy in the new nursery, you'd have to move him yet again.

Foolishlady Tue 17-Feb-15 11:15:13

That's what I'm thinking. It's so convenient and was our first choice initially....but it would be yet another move.

katymason01 Tue 17-Feb-15 13:11:30

Bit pricey but if u can afford it, while don't u transition him into the local nursery slowly u will have to pay for both childcarers at once but if he doesn't like nursery than just carry on with the childminder, they may charge you full rate, mine would have probably gone to half fees when not using her but not all can afford to do that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: