Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Want to find night nanny for tonight! (S London) Any names/nos?

(20 Posts)
sarahnova69 Sun 15-Feb-15 16:06:35

Hi all,

I'm newly registered and have a nearly 12 week old boy. He's never been a good sleeper and I've had insomnia and PND. Have hit a point when husband and I are both just wrecked. Does anyone know if I can find a night nanny for tonight? Is it best to call an agency?If so please pass on names/numbers etc! If any suitable nannies are reading this, please contact me! We are in SE24, S London.

Purplepumpkins Sun 15-Feb-15 16:47:31

You should try an agency although I don't think you will find a nanny for tonight though especially if it's a one off. Have you considered a sleep trainer? Try hushabye nannies they do sleep trainers.

Also my friend has a nanny agency and she does temp nannies. Daffodil nannies, also the nannies service or Eden nannies or Swansons they also do temp nannies. Good luck

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 15-Feb-15 16:55:37

i would have come up (im Kent) tho im already booked tonight with my current family

sounds like you need someone to help him baby into a routine at night and always advise a good daytime routine to help this

its doubtful you will find someone tonight, but worth contacting a few agencies if they are open on a sunday

if not contact some tomorrow to try and get help tomorrow/Tuesday night

without being too rude can you afford someone to come and help for a few nights for a week or two - till you get yourself sorted and they will be able to help and advise about routines etc

rough guide £10/14 gross an hour - i normally work 9-7 so 10hrs a night

CharlesRyder Sun 15-Feb-15 17:06:41

You know he might not sleep until he's 4 for quite a while?

Have you got your own night time routine sorted out? Until DS was 2ish DH did any wakings between 9pm and 1am and I did 1am - 6am (when we all got up to get ready for work). This way we were both guaranteed at least 4 unbroken hours.

After 2 we just started letting him get in our bed if he woke up, which he still does, although with decreasing frequency, at 4.5. Not ideal but prevented us from dying of sleep deprivation.

bronya Sun 15-Feb-15 17:24:26

What we did with DS when the sleeplessness just got too much, was take turns so we each got a solid 4 hour block of sleep. That made such a difference!

I expressed a bottle of milk ready. Then I fed DS and went to bed as soon as DH got in from work (about 6pm). DH then had DS from 6pm until 10.30pm (allowing me half an hour to get to sleep, then four hours of sleep). He then went to bed and I stayed up with DS. I'd get little bits of sleep in the night but that four hour block enabled me to cope.

sarahnova69 Sun 15-Feb-15 17:36:02

Thanks blondes have more fun and purplepumpkin. I've left messages with a few agencies and can survive til tomorrow night. I'm quite happy to pay someone a few nights a week for a few weeks.

I appreciate other suggestions but short term help is the right choice for us right now.

ScottishDiblet Sun 15-Feb-15 17:41:07

I'm sorry things are tough for you at the moment. We thought about a night nanny for sleep training but I tried this book "the sensational baby sleep plan" by Alison Scott-wright and got my baby into a routine and helped her to sleep at night. It was amazing and we haven't looked back since. I was in strong anti anxiety medication and needed to sleep and also to have a routine and it did wonders for us all! Good luck.

Artandco Sun 15-Feb-15 17:44:54

Not a night nanny but try 'SimplySleeptime' sleep consultant. They will give a consult for a young baby and probably soonish ie within the week.

grumpasaur Sun 15-Feb-15 17:50:09

Hi, I am not a nanny (though I do have an advanced DBS check through work) but I live in South London...

I am off work tomorrow during the day, Thursday morning, and all day Friday / Friday night if you want to pay me a bit! I can come and feed / settle baby whilst you sleep!

PM me if you are desperate!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 15-Feb-15 18:11:58

hope someone gets back to you

is your baby bf or bottle, if bf would you be happy to express and night nanny feed ebm so you get a break/sleep

sarahnova69 Sun 15-Feb-15 18:29:19

He's bf but takes a bottle of expressed milk without a problem and I have plenty in the freezer.

jendot2 Sun 15-Feb-15 18:43:39

I am a very experienced (17yrs) nanny/ maternity nanny who does respite night care in South London. I could cover SE24
I am childcare qualified, have police check, 1st aid, Ofsted reg and references.
I charge £10 an hour
I can't do this evening, but could help any other day this week.
Pm me if you would like contact details.

grumpasaur Sun 15-Feb-15 23:54:55

OP, Jendot sounds way more qualified than I am- but do let me know if you are desperate and I can help out a bit.

I am now working 2-9 most days this week and am off Friday all day, so could help out overnight or most late evenings if need be.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Mon 16-Feb-15 11:57:17

Hope you found someone I have done a number of one off nights for families where they have been so desperate and rang on the day and sometimes they have another odd night again other times not usually down to money as a night nanny isn't cheap although we earn our money especially on a bad night smile

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 16-Feb-15 15:04:33

We sure do east grin tho my latest bubs is a text book baby bless him and not even 4 weeks yet smile

sarahnova69 Mon 16-Feb-15 16:37:42

It appears that half term week is not the week to be wanting a nanny on short notice! sad

Butterfly13 Mon 16-Feb-15 17:56:41

Try LIKEMINDERS

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 16-Feb-15 18:01:37

Ooh, I was going to suggest Likeminders too. I don't work for them but I do use them smile

<should be on commission>

Butterfly13 Mon 16-Feb-15 19:36:56

I work for them as a nanny/ babysitter... That's all smile

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 16-Feb-15 20:36:21

Probably for me. I've used them a lot recently!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: