Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

kiddicare vouchers

(6 Posts)
katymason01 Wed 28-Jan-15 09:53:08

hello

first timer here,

please can you explain to me how childcare vouchers work?

the mum is paying me the maximum she can from her salary and the dad is paying around £100 from his salary and then they will pay me the difference (using nannytax)

my question is will they all be paid on the same day? or staggered
will I get taxed 3 times?

all 3 will go directly into my account (I have to set this up with kiddicare once I have received a welcome pack from them, so first payment may be late im thinking)

my employers will pay me on the last Friday of the month as that's when they get paid.

Maryann1975 Wed 28-Jan-15 13:24:36

I'm a cm and have recently started accepting childcare vouchers. I get some money from the voucher company and the rest directly from the parents. The only issue I found is that there is a delay in the money coming from the voucher company. My contract says I will be paid on the 1st of the month, the parents get paid on the last day of the month, which was always fine. Now we have added an extra step into the process in and it seems to take the voucher company a couple of days to process the money. I've only been doing it for two months and one of those had the new year and bank holidays in it, I didn't get the rest of my money till the 6th jan, I was waiting to see what happens this month to see if it's a problem, or just a day or two late. I can cope with a delay of a day or two (it's not our main family income) but 5/6 days late is taking the mick a bit too much.
I don't know how the tax would be sorted out, but I guess it would come out of the bit the parents top up with, as they would be paying the tax directly to hmrc. I wouldn't have thought kiddicare would get involved in that side of things.

Cindy34 Wed 28-Jan-15 13:45:50

Not sure I understand the pay arrangement.

Mum and Dad should be paying you at the same time, may come from a joint bank account.

Voucher payment will come separately, it can often be a few days into the following month. So payment for January would arrive in early February. Parents should authorise the voucher payment as quickly as possible but they may not get it in their pay until month end.

Nannytax does not have any involvement with vouchers. They simply process the payroll, taking the agreed Gross salary and calculating the correct Net take home pay amount.
The parents then pay that Net amount to you and it is that payment that can be comprised of several parts, such as some coming via voucher.

ChristmasMarketCrazy Wed 28-Jan-15 15:00:12

I get paid x amount from m&d joint acct. x amouny from m vouchers and x amount from d vouchers.
the vouchers usually come into my acct the day after I get thr bulk payment from the joint account.

NannyWaines13 Wed 28-Jan-15 23:07:00

I get 2 lots of vouchers plus top up from parents. My top up is paid on 25th of each month, Mum's vouchers go in on first working day of the month & Dad's vouchers go in on 5th/6th of each month. So my January pay will be £A on 25th Jan, £B on 2nd Feb & £C on 5/6th Feb. Depends on voucher companies as to when they pay. Both my parents used to be with the same company so I used to get both their vouchers on the first working day of the month but Dad changed jobs in Sept & it all changed.

HSMMaCM Thu 29-Jan-15 07:27:50

What Cindy said. You will get one payslip showing net pay. Some of this money will come from mum, some from dad and some from vouchers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: