Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

advice on live in nanny rate in London

(7 Posts)
bodgerthebadger Mon 26-Jan-15 05:41:39

Hi, new to the hiring a nanny business so looking for advice on nanny salaries please.

We are in zone 3 London. What would be an average wage net for a live in nanny:

- sole charge of 3yo and 1yo
- Mon to Thurs only
- 730am to 6pm (slightly shorter working day than other live in nannies I know)
- dad home to help on days he doesn't have work (freelance so not always jobs on)

Candidates are all foreign as we need a person who speaks my European language.

Thanks!

bodgerthebadger Mon 26-Jan-15 05:42:48

I should add that 3yo goes to nursery every afternoon so in that time nanny is only really looking after one child.

Purplepumpkins Mon 26-Jan-15 07:28:52

So basically with a live in nanny your paying a sat wage, usually weekly.

With regards yo child at nursery, will nanny be getting childre ready in a morning, making breakfast, taking to nursery and collecting from nursery? Also school holidays? Will nanny be looking after 3 year old then? What if three year old is poorly in the day? Will three year old be eating dinner? Having play date etc. if the answer to those questions is yes then your nanny is looking after two children.

Usually nanny jobs are not paid per child anyway it's a set rate for both children.

I'd say 3/375 a week and for a more experienced nanny maybe 400/450 a week.

schlafenfreude Mon 26-Jan-15 08:21:58

It also depends on the language - French, Germany and Italian speakers with qualifications or experience generally command higher salaries.

bodgerthebadger Mon 26-Jan-15 16:41:09

Thanks for the replies.

purplepumpkins you are totally right. I hadn't thought of that.

This is useful info. Now just to find a nanny. Proving much harder than we thought!

nannynick Mon 26-Jan-15 17:45:36

NannyTax Wages Survey may be useful. Current version is from 2013. Results of the 2014 survey should be out some time in February.

MovedToIstanbul Tue 27-Jan-15 08:32:03

What language do you require?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: