Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Wrap around for nursery

(19 Posts)
Awakeagain Thu 22-Jan-15 19:33:30

Just a hypothetical question for any childminders
How much do you charge for dropping off and picking up at school nursery? Say 8.45-3.15 2 days and 12-15-3.15 on another

Do you offer a discount to what you would be paid if the dc was with you all day?

LuckyLopez Thu 22-Jan-15 19:46:25

Are they they times you want from the cm or the times they will be at nursery?

PotteringAlong Thu 22-Jan-15 19:47:50

At my sons (private) nursery the wrap around care for his (state) nursery is only £2 less per day than full time care

LuckyLopez Thu 22-Jan-15 19:50:40

Assuming they are nursery times- i would charge £35 for the first day and £40 for the second. Normal day price is £42

Awakeagain Thu 22-Jan-15 21:03:27

Thanks
Yes they are the nursery times
Drop of at cm would be 7.30 and pick up between 5&6

LuckyLopez Thu 22-Jan-15 21:48:58

Ok well mine would be based on an 8am start since i dont start any earlier.

HSMMaCM Thu 22-Jan-15 21:51:29

I don't do nursery drop off and pick up any more, but I would have charged for full days every time.

madwomanbackintheattic Thu 22-Jan-15 21:55:37

Look for a nursery with longer hours. Most private nurseries offer extended days and it is far less hassle than using two different sets of childcare for one child in one day.

At one point we had one in nursery and two in different schools - one school offered extended hours care (after school and or breakfast club) but the other school didn't so we used a child minder for wrap around.

I'm all about simplifying as far as possible. Despite having three kids in multiple settings - that was as simplified as it was possible to be at that point!

BrianButterfield Thu 22-Jan-15 22:00:29

Yeah, no school nursery or preschool for DS - he's staying at private nursery until school - they have a foundation stage classroom and do all the same things but are open 7.30-6 and as I'm dropping DD in the baby room anyway it makes it simpler. Plus they do before and after school care with pick up and drop off so it offers continuity for his school years.

Awakeagain Thu 22-Jan-15 22:09:54

Thanks for all the replies
It would be drop off at school nursery not private nursery so no additional hours there

HSMMaCM Thu 22-Jan-15 22:20:34

Why not use a nursery or cm who could do the whole day. All follow the same EYFS curriculum.

Awakeagain Fri 23-Jan-15 02:32:35

We currently use a nursery £42.50
And I enquired about them dropping off at school (which they do) and just wanted to see a rough comparison in price for wrap around options

LuckyLopez Fri 23-Jan-15 04:38:59

So what are they charging you?

kathryng90 Fri 23-Jan-15 08:54:49

Daily rate £30. Would cover 7.30 til 6 and cover pick ups and collections. No discount for times child not with me as I can't fill the spaces. CM in East Yorkshire.

Artandco Fri 23-Jan-15 08:58:16

Most here would charge full day rate, as it's taking up space so they couldn't have another child full time 8-6pm

busyDays Fri 23-Jan-15 09:19:00

I try to avoid doing nursery collections as it is more hassle than it's worth, but if I did do it I would also charge my full day rate. Most childminders in my area are the same. There is enough demand around that we can afford to be a bit choosy and most prefer to take children that attend for the whole day. The only way to know though is to call local childminders as everyone is different.

cjm10979 Fri 23-Jan-15 17:19:15

Seems like I am the lucky one here. I take my DD to the childminder for 7:30, CM takes to pre-school for 8:45 (charges to 9am for the drive home). Collects DD at 12:00 (charges from 11:45 driving time). Each drive also incurs a £2 petrol charge. As long as the total hours over the week are over 30 (they are) she charges £5 ph.

This arrangement means I can use my free subsidised 15 hours with the pre-school. The CM would not want these 15 hours as my LA will not pay £5 for them.

On average CM will work out at £37pd and pre-school is £4.05

Maryann1975 Fri 23-Jan-15 19:16:18

I gave a two hour discount for a three hour nursery session. So for a nine hour day, say 8-5, I charged for 7 hours. I didn't mind having a quieter morning session at the time. Parents round here would not pay for a full day if the child is at nursery for three hours in the morning.

mrsmalcolmreynolds Sat 24-Jan-15 14:23:18

Our CM would charge full hourly rate (£5.50) for the time DC is actually being looked after by her and half usual rate for the hours DC is at nursery. We are in Surrey.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: