Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Well, that was a bit intense

(8 Posts)
glenthebattleostrich Thu 15-Jan-15 21:09:48

I had my Ofsted inspection today. First one (3 years ago) was crap. Basically inspector was awful, spent around 30 minutes in the room with me and the children and an hour going through paperwork then gave some feedback.

This one was the polar opposite!

Inspector was here 4.5 hours, grilled me on the EYFS, went through files with a fine tooth comb, asked to watch a planned activity and a child led activity, stayed to lunch and basically put me through the ringer. I have never been so exhausted after a day at work and I only had 2 kids today! One mindees was a monster, just wanted to rampage through the house and hit the inspector with a toy at one point. I was convinced she was going to shut me down!!

Obviously I can't say the grade given until I receive the report but it was a GOOD inspection wink

So glad its over now. The inspector was lovely, even when I told her most minders don't mind inspectors, just the Muppet running Ofsted (yes I called him a Muppet!) Gave some very good off the record advice for the future too.

So glad for wine and chocolate now.

OVienna Thu 15-Jan-15 21:28:12

Well done!

glenthebattleostrich Thu 15-Jan-15 21:42:52

Thanks. Big sigh of relief.

grandmainmypocket Thu 15-Jan-15 22:00:09

well done you!

I still cringe when I remember mine. It was a good though, so can't complan.

fieldfare Thu 15-Jan-15 22:16:59

Well done you!
I felt under tremendous pressure when I had mine, and she was here for a similar time. Lovely person but they have such a power over you it made me rather nervous. That's it now for another 3 years! smile

Lucylouby Thu 15-Jan-15 22:40:38

Well done! My last inspection was just like yours. It was awful. The inspector grilled me for about 4 hours. No other cm in the town has ever had an inspector for that long. About a month before a cm friend was inspected and had a really laid back inspector, wasn't bothered about watching a planned activity, very blasé about looking at written records, quite happy that everything was done verbally. If it wasn't written down it wasn't good enough for my inspector.
Be proud you had a grilling and still got a good inspection outcome.

HRHQueenMe Sun 18-Jan-15 18:28:44

Well done hooray! Big glass of wine now and feet up! X

anewyear Sat 24-Jan-15 13:31:10

My very 1st inspection 7 yrs ago was over 4 hours long.
My inspector apologized for turning up 15 mins early, but she was meeting her inspector here!! shock

We sat in my dining room for the whole time. with them talking to each other and working on their laptops,
They didn't ask to see any paper work, or see me interact with lo (8mths) with the toys in the lounge,
hardly spoke to baby and I, we sat at the table playing and eating his lunch, then lo went down for his nap.
And that was it..
I had worked hard for months getting advice, paperwork etc in place.
I got a Satisfactory

I was telling another childminder 'my story' a couple years ago, she said she would have made a complaint. It didn't even occur to me back then that I could have/should have..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: