Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

would a day and a half be too little....

(6 Posts)
whereisthewitch Thu 08-Jan-15 20:32:12

Time for my children to settle with a child minder? My parents can do Wednesday day but I'm stuck for all day Monday and half day Friday.
By the time we cross the bridge of me going back to work they will be 1 year old and 3.9 years old.
Any childminders think that this might be distressing for the baby, not enough time to get used to being with a total stranger etc( thinking more of the baby as 3 year old is ridiculously sociable).

Thanks

scampidoodle Thu 08-Jan-15 20:40:38

I wouldn't have thought so. My son did two mornings with his childminder from age 2.3 and although she told me he was quiet for the first few sessions and didn't want to join in with the other children, he was absolutely fine after that.

My daughter started with a different childminder at 7 months just for one short day a week and there were no problems at all. I think she did two shorter sessions a week for the first fortnight to help her get used to it.

All children are different of course, but I think with some effort from the childminder those days should be ok. Also, if your children are together then that should help.

BikeRunSki Thu 08-Jan-15 20:42:59

DS settled in much less time; dd took much longer. It all depends on the child.

Stillwishihadabs Thu 08-Jan-15 20:47:56

I would say that is fine. Dd did that although Monday am and Tuesday all day from 2.5 I think.

MuscatBouschet Thu 08-Jan-15 20:50:20

Mine have settle at all sorts of ages with just 1 day a week. Just be prepared for a slightly longer settling period. If they are together with childminder it'll be a big comfort for them to have each other.

whereisthewitch Thu 08-Jan-15 20:58:33

Thank you all this really puts my mind at ease, my parents have offered to do all the days but i honestly feel like they need a little time to just enjoy life as they have a few health issues and this should take the pressure off them hopefully. I'm glad it's not too little a time to settle. It's all so worrying though, I have never left them with anyone other than family!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now