Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Do nannies advertise on Gumtree still? Am I being stupid?

(9 Posts)
areyoutheregoditsmemargaret Wed 07-Jan-15 14:40:28

I've found good nannies in the past on Gumtree but now, for the life of me, I can't want a nanny - work wanted section, only the section with nannies looking for jobs. Do Gumtree no longer do these ads (why?) or am I being stupid and can someone point me in the right direction? If not, where else do nannies advertise their services. Have never really got my head round childcare and nannyjob but perhaps it's time!

schlafenfreude Wed 07-Jan-15 23:03:25

They don't as far as I know. I don't know when they stopped it but I couldn't find it either.

Imsosorryalan Wed 07-Jan-15 23:09:16

We have tried to employ a decent nanny for over 4 months now! Gumtree ad didn't get any replies, neither did any reply to my childcare website ad.
We gave up in the end and the children have gone to a childminder, causing much disruption to theirs and ours days sad

LightTripper Wed 07-Jan-15 23:12:04

I used Nannyjob and it worked well: pay one off fee, place ad, get applications, ask for full CVs from the ones that looked best.

I didn't use Childcare.co.uk as I hate subscriptions that I have to remember to cancel, but I have seen good things said about it on here! I don't think there's any point posting a profile there unless you subscribe though.

donkir Wed 07-Jan-15 23:15:51

I'm a nanny and I think gumtree stopped letting you advertise yourself for a job but you can still advertise for a nanny.
I have got all my jobs from either gumtree or childcare.co.uk
Yes childcare is subscription but it's a lot cheaper than paying an agency.

areyoutheregoditsmemargaret Thu 08-Jan-15 08:52:30

Glad to know I'm not going mad - I couldn't work out why the nanny ads had suddenly disappeared. Why did they stop that, I wonder? Will switch to nannyjob or childcare then ... I just have always had best results from Gumtree in the past and browsing nannies available gave me a good idea of who was out there. Thanks!

jollyjester Thu 08-Jan-15 11:33:27

I don;t think its just for nanny's. I'm in a different line of work and used to advertise periodically on gumtree but then they started to charge about £17/£18 an advert so probably the same thing.

Hope you get sorted OP

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 08-Jan-15 11:46:24

Very annoying. I used to have an ad there that I updated monthly but for an email saying didn't allow it any more

But parents can put ads on for jobs

Greenfizzywater Thu 08-Jan-15 12:45:42

I found a nanny very quickly on childcare.co.uk - searched using all the relevant filters (in my case live out, part time, full driving licence, own car) , emailed 20, got about 5 replies, interviewed 3 and appointed 1. much more straightforward than I expected

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now