Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

where do you find babysitters/ w'end childcare?

(4 Posts)
LucyLui25 Sun 04-Jan-15 17:41:05

long time lurker; first post on this section. I am a level 6 nursery worker with various amounts of experience including SEN and new borns for over 10 years. I am currently looking at trying to save up as much money as possible and due to the nature of my job am finding it hard to get a 2nd permanent job.I have recently started to think about babysitting again (been a good few years since I've done it) Before I found families through word and mouth when I was training in early years. How do people go about finding families to work for. I am unable to advertise through my setting but have looked at childcare.co.uk and also advertising through the local paper. Do parents select babysitters through these methods or does it make people feel uncomfortable and therefore go through word and mouth situation. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should do to start the ball rolling; any help would be very much greatly received. I am based in East Anglia (western counties) if that makes any difference
TIA

lovelynannytobe Sun 04-Jan-15 17:51:19

I use sitters.co.uk for additional work.

LucyLui25 Sun 04-Jan-15 17:55:50

hi brilliant thanks, and do you find your getting enough work through this? I shall look it up now

lovelynannytobe Mon 05-Jan-15 22:52:42

Running up to Christmas I babysat almost every evening (except Sundays) but usually I manage to pick up 2-3 evenings a week. I've worked through them for over 2 years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now