Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny payroll software recommendations please

(6 Posts)
Qresident Thu 01-Jan-15 22:53:32

Hello,

We are employing a nanny shortly and I plan to do payroll using a software package, probably a free one. I'd like the software to be able to do monthly payslips, accommodate SSP, SMP if needed and also add things like fuel reimbursement.

Has anyone got any recent experience of software that they could recommend please?

Thank you and happy new year!

nannynick Fri 02-Jan-15 15:25:25

Only one I can think of which is Free is www.brightpay.co.uk but as I am a nanny I have not used it. Looks quite comprehensive though.

Mileage reimbursement you could do just using a spreadsheet, google sheets or just your email software. Your nanny will probably do less than 10,000 miles a year so the mileage reimbursement is not taxable, assuming you pay 45p per mile.
Nanny could submit details of mileage done each month via email, so you could keep the emails as evidence should HMRC ever investigate. Employers end of year form just needs the number of miles plus the amount paid. This was the P35 form... I expect whatever software you use will let you report mileage payments (free of tax payments).
I think this now goes on the EPS - End of Year declarations... it may be on a P11D or P9D depending on employees earnings. See Gov.uk: Expenses

Qresident Fri 02-Jan-15 20:20:31

Thanks nannynick. smile

Dressingdown1 Fri 02-Jan-15 20:24:23

We use the HMRC software which is free and quite easy to get on with. Also with free support, though they often take a long time to answer the phone!

https://www.gov.uk/business-tax/paye#3

Qresident Sun 04-Jan-15 07:31:56

Thanks.

KarenBrightPay Mon 19-Jan-15 17:18:40

Karen here from BrightPay. BrightPay is a payroll software that is free for employers with up to three employees. It easily issues payslips, handles SSP, SMP, expenses and more. Support is fully included in the free licence too where the support team will be more than happy to help you with your payroll tasks.

There are some customer testimonials if you wanted more recommendations on our website. I actually recently recommended BrightPay to a friend returning to work after maternity leave. She couldn’t believe how easy it is to use and that it was free for her.

If you live in the UK, Brightpay will also automate all your Auto Enrolment tasks for you. There’s no extra charge for the Auto Enrolment features either.

Thanks,
Karen
https://www.brightpay.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: