Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

2 year funding

(10 Posts)
BradfordMum Wed 31-Dec-14 10:22:24

I'm offering this for one of my parents for the first time. I've just phoned FIS who say she doesn't appear to be eligible but their database is not up to date. I need to ask her for proof of earnings via her annual statement from WTC.
I've no doubt at all that she's eligable - single mum, earing 13000.
Any thing else I need to check?

HSMMaCM Wed 31-Dec-14 11:20:51

Our two year olds get notified to us via the council. They won't let you claim the funding unless they have the child registered as needing it.

BradfordMum Wed 31-Dec-14 13:33:59

It seems every LA is different.

nannynick Wed 31-Dec-14 14:18:51

Where does the money come from? If it comes from the council and their database says NO, then you won't get paid. So shouldn't the parent need to contact the council and confirm things with them?

What has your LA advised you do if the parent won't show you proof of earnings, or indeed if the parent does show you - what evidence do you need to keep/forward to the LA?

HSMMaCM Wed 31-Dec-14 15:39:08

Our money comes from the LA. Doesn't yours?

BradfordMum Wed 31-Dec-14 16:23:15

I've already been paid!
We were asked how many 2 year olds we anticipated funding. I said one and the money was in my account before Christmas.
I've spoken to Mum who says all she has is a p60 stating her income.

BradfordMum Wed 31-Dec-14 16:24:42

Mum will call tax credits on Friday for clarification.

Ninnipaula Wed 31-Dec-14 16:36:18

Hi I'm new to this site I'm a foster carer but going to be nanny also so I'm just picking anyone's brain to give me information about best way to do this without getting myself in a mess anyone got any advice

nannynick Wed 31-Dec-14 17:21:01

Ninnipaula - You have posted on a message thread about 2 year old funding (which does not apply to nannies) so best to start a new thread by clicking here. Give it a good title such as Tips For First Time Nanny.

HSMMaCM Thu 01-Jan-15 01:53:50

Wow Bradford mum. That sounds much easier than ours. We declare which children we have and provide all their details and then hope we get paid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now