Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

MIL 2 days a week child care

(5 Posts)
Suea76 Fri 26-Dec-14 17:15:29

Hi ladie my MIL will be liking after our ds 2 days a week when I return to work, my question is probably obvious bit I don't know what to buy to keep at her house!? I need a cot and baby monitors but just can't decide what else as don't have a huge amount of extra cash being on mat leave!!
Any tips?

thatsn0tmyname Fri 26-Dec-14 17:25:17

We stocked up our grannies with a few spare clothes, nappies, wipes, cream, calpol and a changing bag. We also bought some milk powder and safety plug blockers etc. Most of this wasn't used and so now we pack a daily bag with a few nappies, change of clothes and pre-measured milk powder and water. If you can source a second hand buggy and car seat that helps too.

MissHJ Fri 26-Dec-14 17:25:26

how old is your lo?

I have never bought anything like that and my son now 15 months has been with my mum frequently. I just give her his change bag with nappies, change of clothes, bottles, toys and now he is older he takes a lunch with him.

She now keeps some nappies and toys there and his little plate and drinks bottle. Sleeping he falls asleep on the sofa or my mum puts him on her bed.

Never had to buy anything specifically for him being watched at someone's house unless it's overnight and then he has the travel cot.

thatsn0tmyname Fri 26-Dec-14 17:26:11

PS, a few toys and books are useful but grannies tend to go OTT and buy bits that they can choose.

secretcbeebsfan Mon 29-Dec-14 23:17:55

I agree with MissHJ. You won't need a cot etc... just give her your buggy (or buy a cheap one for her to use). Sometimes your DS will fall asleep in there, or she can put on bed or sofa (with her watching obviously). Then pack a daily bag with spare clothes, nappies, milk etc.. Leave a few toys there, though I am sure her collection will soon start to grow too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now