Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

looking for childminder- recomendations

(7 Posts)
sarahduffy Wed 24-Dec-14 15:22:58

Hi all I'm New to this mums net. I've got a job which starts on 5th January and I need a childminder full day Wednesday and Thursday. Can anybody recommend any childminders?

nannynick Wed 24-Dec-14 16:53:14

You do not say your location but even if you did give that the chance of someone being in your area is quite low - but worth a try.

Your local Family Information Service may have a list of childminders online. That list may give email address so you could contact local childminders via email.

sarahduffy Fri 26-Dec-14 19:09:33

My location is Leicester le2.

I've been on the council website and most of the numbers I rang I got no answer and have had no reply. I have one potential childminder who I will be visiting but I wanted a few to compare and make sure the person looking after my son is compatible with our family values.

UniqueD Fri 26-Dec-14 19:42:32

Hi All,

Please I also need a registered child minder that can mind my kids before and after school, drop and pick them from school. My location is Milton Keynes with postcode MK12 kids go to school in MK19 and MK14. Pls can someone recommend any good childminder. Thanks

adsy Sun 28-Dec-14 20:46:08

Hi people.
your best bet is to look up your local FIS ( family information service)
or look at childcare.co.uk and do a search by your postcode. I believe you can contact gold members for free.

HSMMaCM Sun 28-Dec-14 21:27:25

Some people probably arent answering because they're away for Christmas. Keep trying.

LIZS Sun 28-Dec-14 21:28:34

Might be worth posting on the MN Local page for Leicester

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now